Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auburn bribed players, altered grades on 2010 BCS Championship team

53 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

sounds like... every good college team ever

Posted · Report post

they can alledge reports but they can't take away swag ya feel me

Posted · Report post

I wish they would just allow teams to openly pay these college kids and just get it over with. No one is shocked by these reports anymore. We all just accept it as common place. Nobody gets in trouble for it except the good kids stuck in school serving out their bowl bans for poo they never did.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dpantherman' timestamp='1365044870' post='2185489']
Meh, doesn't affect us.
[/quote]

No, but it'll likely be brought up enough to become annoying :(

Posted · Report post

Damn, Auburn was ruthless.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='tiger7_88' timestamp='1365044526' post='2185480']
Breaking: the majority of sources in said expose have already said that Ms. Roberts (famous for her hit job piece in the New York Times on the INNOCENT Duke Lacrosse players) is full of poo.
[/quote]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='csx' timestamp='1365045434' post='2185497']
UNC does it and they still sucked. Its a no brainier that SEC universities do it.
[/quote]

Technically they didn't suck, they were actually one of the favorites to win the National Championship the year Auburn won it until they got caught and lost nearly every key player.

They then proceeded to suck.

Posted · Report post

Sports media is the worst media around. If sports media only reported real news, we would be back to the 5-10 minute segments on the 6 o'clock news. Now they have to make up a bunch of drama to fill 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year worth of story's to keep their jobs. Its kinda hard for me to take any news like this serious.

Posted · Report post

The NCAA doesn't care about the grades and academic BS. What will get Auburn in serious trouble is the money being passed around.

That's what got UNC football in trouble. Money and lies NOT the unethical academic conduct.

Also to the loser who took a shot at UNC FB- they would have played in the ACC championship game last year if not for probation. Winner of that goes to a BCS game, Einstein.

Also, this looks like another year in a row we will have several players drafted in the first two rounds.

Jonathon Cooper, Sylvester Williams, and Gio Bernard are all potential first round picks.

#nowuknow

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Katweiser' timestamp='1365084363' post='2185770']
Sports media is the worst media around. If sports media only reported real news, we would be back to the 5-10 minute segments on the 6 o'clock news. Now they have to make up a bunch of drama to fill 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year worth of story's to keep their jobs. Its kinda hard for me to take any news like this serious.
[/quote]

So wait when Reggie Bush accepted free poo from a convicted felon and wannabe agent USC was thrown through the mud, and the school was "cheating", but when a school actually pays their players and bends the rules to keep them eligible it's "made up drama"? Makes sense.....

Posted · Report post

Sports media folks are pretty bad. I do consider them to be a different type of journalist than an investigative reporter or journalist who asks hard questions.

Sports reporters like Peter King, Mike Florio, Gregg Doyel, etc....these guys are trolls. They are giving their opinions and looking for a dumb athlete to bite when they ask them about gay marriage. Sports are entertainment. Not real life sh1t.

Posted · Report post

Also how long will it take before a very similar story is leaked about Ole Miss?

They better do work because I would be not surprised if that program is on probation in 3 years