Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

micnificent28

Would you trade up for Star Lotulelei?

77 posts in this topic

Trading up is something smart teams are more likely to do when they're just "a player away".

That's not our situation right now. Far from it, sadly :(

and/or you have plenty of picks to spare....not just 5.

and/or you have plenty of picks to spare....not just 5.

Very valid point.

On Alabama's Jesse Williams: "I really like this kid. I think he can transition to the NFL at multiple positions, in both a 3-4 and a 4-3 front. I don't think there's a big difference between him and Lotulelei. I think he's probably athletic enough to be a three-technique tackle when push comes to shove, but he's so versatile, I almost think you could line him up anywhere in a three-man or four-man base, and he can play really well."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-corner-podcast-greg-cosell-evaluating-defensive-tackles-164902232--nfl.html;_ylt=AjLlDcA5MczfKf7YOtsri9JYYsp_;_ylu=X3oDMTE4NWRia245BG1pdANCbG9ncyBJbmRleARwb3MDMQRzZWMDTWVkaWFCbG9nSW5kZXg-;_ylg=X3oDMTFpMm9iMzh1BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANibG9nBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

from a greg cossell interview.

just doesn't make sense to trade up for a guy when someone of comporable value could be found later in the first or even into the second (which quite a few mocks have him).

If he were still available and the right offer was made I would want the team to trade down.

from a greg cossell interview.

just doesn't make sense to trade up for a guy when someone of comporable value could be found later in the first or even into the second (which quite a few mocks have him).

You've got to be kidding me? Jesse is on par with Star? Dear god, there isn't a big enough facepalm in the world.

1 person likes this

No.

The only reason why I would want a trade up is if we trade back into the 1st or 2nd, but still able to keep our 44. Possessing 3picks in the first two rounds.

You've got to be kidding me? Jesse is on par with Star? Dear god, there isn't a big enough facepalm in the world.

greg cossell said it and he knows a whole lot more than you so keep your palm in it's usual place.

and the comment from him and myself was about the amount of seperation between the two, which isn't a lot esp. when you're considering trading up. what you'd give up wouldn't make up for what you'd get if you'd just stayed there or even dropped back and picked up jesse williams.

it's just an opinion dude and just because i'm not buying into the hype about him (tho i think he's very talented) doesn't make it moronic or facepalm worthy. lighten up cachi. he's not worth trading up for. you can get someone of comparable value without giving up all that. it's just not worth it.

If we could jump up 2 spots to leapfrog Tampa Bay for a 6th rounder I'd consider that.

I wouldn't give up any of this years picks. However the situation i see is jumping ahead of tampa who would have no problem taking him. So were talking moving up two spots. For the best defensive tackle in the class i wouldn't have a problem for giving up as much as say a 3 next season.