Photo
- - - - -

Have you ever reached a point where you were actually going to switch teams?

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#76 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Who in the actual fug would switch teams...

#77 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

No, I will always be a Charlotte Hornet and Carolina Panthers fan. I did not have favorite teams before them and there will be no after. If there is a heaven I will be watching games on a cloud with a 70" TV asking JC for a little help.

#78 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Nope, I did pick up a second team when we were so bad for a while, and boring to watch.

Now both of the teams that I watch are 8-8 teams. Us and the Chargers.

#79 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

switching teams? nah.

stop being a fan or just lose interest? maybe.

ask again after the 2013 season. if we go through another losing season and rivera is kept around i'd consider it. i've come close to reaching the breaking point before. not sure how much patience i have left in a franchise that can't figure out how to win and won't make the hard decisions to do it.

if that makes me a bandwagon fan, so be it. there's only so long you can support a team that continually finds ways to suck/lose, make excuses for it, and expects/allows less than excellence and greatness without you just being a sucker. the commitment you have to being a fan doesn't always match the commitment the team has to you to put out the best product possible.

i enjoyed football without really having a "team" before the panthers came. i could do it again.

#80 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

Never.

#81 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Grew up a Bills fan and stayed one when we moved south. Also added "anyone playing the Redskins" fan just because they were on tv so much in Columbia. lol I love football.

Then the Panthers came to Charlotte and I haven't looked back since. A fan has to be there for the good and the bad imo.

Truth be told, I also love hockey. Hurricanes & Sabres. And my #1 sporting event will always be the Winter Olympics.

#82 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

No

#83 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,505 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

I'm a native North Carolinian, I will always be a Carolina Panthers fan. I do plan on moving outta statein the next few months for a job opportunity, but even with that, I'm still a North Carolinian, I'll still be a Carolina Panthers fan.
I have thought of switching, but could never go through with it.

#84 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,015 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

There was a brief moment about 14 months into an 18 month prison sentence that I thought about it, but then I remembered how great boobs are and thought that explaining it to my buddies when I got out would be weird.

#85 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

I got into football when I was young in 1992. I became a Chargers fan. My old man was a Bills fan, but I didn't want to be as we were from that area. Once the Panthers came along, I didn't drop the Chargers. Priorities may change, but the teams won't. Then what's left is either teams I hate or don't hate. I don't like anyone else.

#86 cgarsmoker

cgarsmoker

Kenny Fugging Powers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationViera, Florida

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

Born and raised in NC and I'll never consisder switching teams as long as the Panthers are in my home state. The last 15 years I've lived in Tampa, Pennsylvania, and now Indianapolis......Every step along the way, I fly my Panthers flag and wear the gear. As long as they don't turn their back on me and move out of state - I'll never turn my back on them and jump ship. When I was growing up, I wished for the Carolina's to get a team and when we finally did.... I gave them my heart. I remember when Bob Christian scored our first touchdown in the hall of fame game against the Jags.....I'm a diehard fan all way.

#87 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,952 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Every single person I know is either a Cowboys, Redskins, Falcons, or Saints fan. Not a single family member or friend is a panthers fan. I've lived in 4 different states, and never once considered not being a panthers fan.

#88 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

Most panther fans over the age of 40 were fans of a team before the Panthers. We all made the switch. I was an Eagle fan when I lived outside Philadelphia and now root for the Panthers living outside of Charlotte. So switching teams isn't that over the top. And there are a ton of bandwagon fans everywhere. I expect to stay a Panther fan for the rest of my days.

#89 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

I was "technically" a Bengals fan at first when I was younger. Didn't really know what was going on when watching games, i just pretty much liked the uniforms (as any 6 year old would). But when the Panthers came along, I dropped Cincy and have been a Panthers fan ever since. I remember my first game I went to. Sunday night game against the Giants and it was Collin's first game back in Charlotte

Yes, in baseball. I've been a Cubs fan since about '83 and I am tired of pulling for such a monumental loser.

Thought about siding with the Braves since they're the "local" team, but man I just hate Atlanta.

I picked up the Nationals toward the end of 2011 (before their run last year) and have gone full bore into being a fan of them. Hating Atlanta and Philly makes that easy. I still love Seattle (my childhood team) but it is impossible to ever watch any of their games living in NC. At least with the Nats, I can watch them on MASN

Cubs are hopeless. I don't know how anyone can pull for them

#90 dbeat

dbeat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Never. I haven't lived in North Carolina since 2004 and never missed a game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com