• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,525 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Obama obviously got many votes because he was black to deny this would be ludicrous

and he lost many votes because he was black.

#32 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,876 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Don't think so

#33 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,525 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

...haha, really?

#34 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,694 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Arguing about the president because jobs are down. When the real issue is companies still trying to squeeze the most production out of fewer people.

#35 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,876 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

Arguing about the president because jobs are down. When the real issue is companies still trying to squeeze the most production out of fewer people.

This is what all companies do. I would not ever expect it to change to be honest.

#36 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,876 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

...haha, really?

You and Hatter can argue the presidents race till the cows come home, I am just saying that Bill Clinton was ticked that the "race card" got played on him. He was out maneuvered and Hillary will now have to try again in 3 yrs. So, it is not such a "new" charge.

#37 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,525 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

You and Hatter can argue the presidents race till the cows come home, I am just saying that Bill Clinton was ticked that the "race card" got played on him. He was out maneuvered and Hillary will now have to try again in 3 yrs. So, it is not such a "new" charge.

I was talking about the national election, where I firmly believe a large number of people voted against him purely because of his skin color.

I don't know if anyone voted against him in the primaries because of it.

#38 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,958 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

Annnnnd Hatter now shows his true colors.

I am not making a case that he is a bad president because of his race....or that it has ANYTHING to do with his performance. I don't agree with his policies and believe he is running the country into bankruptcy because of those policies.

But, there were a TON of people in this country that voted for him because of the color of his skin.....just like there were idiots who voted against him just because of the color of his skin.

My assertion is that more people voted for him for that reason than did not vote for him for that reason.

I believe that anyone who votes for a candidate just becuase of gender, race, religion, etc (even merely becuase of the party they are affilited with are idiots).

I not only want straight ticket voting abolished, I would like to see the R and D next to every candidate be eliminated. Force people to actually know who the candidates are and what they stand for .

#39 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,320 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

His polices so far are:

Don't spend as much as Bush did

Pay for what you are using via taxes, as economists agree that this is the only way anything will ever be accomplished

Posted Image

#40 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,959 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

All that the FED has printed is giving a false sense of security. That's one of the main reason some companies are making their workers do more with less. They see there isn't room for expansion. Not all industries but some.

At some poin you can't cook the books and play a shell game with the mass general public.
I'm not calling for a financial collapse but we are not out of the woods yet.

#41 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

Look at Euro and dollar exchange rates prior to 2008... US stock marked crashed, Euro sinked and European countries start going bankrupt. Italy, Spain, and France on a verge of being broke. If US market crashes again, Europe is done. Done! US dollar will start deflating because everyone will try to dump euro for us dollars, more stable currency. Why would people pick US dollar over lets says Chinese money? US dollars tied to oil, pretty much guarantees that dollar will some what keep its value. Plus if Europe goes bankrupt, this will crash asian markets as well. If US sneezes, the rest of the world catch a cold.

Here's a graph of US/EU historic exchange rates.

http://www.indexmund...2=EUR&days=3650

#42 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,959 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

i wonder how fast China drops US debt if we tangle with North Korea? hmm. that won't be good.

#43 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

We are at the easiest spot in history to see exactly what is going to happen in the next two decades. Government is going to try and create fiat currency to cover its unfunded liabilities while continuing to make promises and get votes from dumbasses that believe their poo. We deserve what we get as a country. The sad part is that our kids will bear the brunt of our hubris coupled with utter stupidity. Personal accountability a testament to our strength of character? Yeah... good luck with that

#44 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

and he lost many votes because he was black.

Moseying in to post this

#45 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,876 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

i wonder how fast China drops US debt if we tangle with North Korea? hmm. that won't be good.

The monetary situation with China is what worried me in the N Korea thread also.

Not sure what our extreme debt to certain countries will do to our resolve to be there for our allies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com