do it do it do it

#17 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,897 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

I thought it was Josh Freeman being a washout at QB?

Nobody with any semblance of an IQ actually believes that

#18 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

Would love to see this go through. We, as panthers fans, know the ramifications of over-paying and trading away draft picks

#19 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

http://profootballta...evis-situation/

I hadn't seen this much detail mentioned about the offer yet:

WOW I hope they do that deal.

Posted Image

#20 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

come on don't burst nobody's bubble with that

#21 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

Jets quite likely take a weapon on offense and a DT. Really doesn't bode well for us, especially if Tampa ends up with the best CB in the league. Lack of talent in the secondary has been their one true achilles heel.

they are going to make that defense unbalanced. shut down corners are overrated and thankfully overpaid right now. in an era where you typically only had two WRs going out and one WR essentially carried the passing game, it was more of an issue, but in an era where spread offenses are growing more prevalent and you are seeing 3-4 WR sets with frequency as well as TEs that are essentially just really big WRs and teams are running 2 TE sets, balance in the CB corps is more important than having that one shutdown guy because he just doesn't do that much to stop the multitude of options that a QB has right now. if we have several talented receivers available every play and a system and QB that spreads the ball around often, then revis is a negligible factor. you shut down smitty, big deal. we've got 3 or 4 other receiving options and a QB who can run the ball better than most RBs if he has to....big deal.

schiano is building that team to be competitive 10 years ago. he's a throwback and that's going to be working to ours and every other team's advantage.

btw....us getting swept by them is inexcusable. just bad playcalling and game management. philosophically they are just too easy to defeat.

#22 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,623 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

This isn't great in the short term as revis is still arguably the best CB in the league...if he is healthy.

#23 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,528 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

talk a out mortgaging your future...day-yam!

#24 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,346 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

Yes, because he has such outstanding accuracy and decision-making attributes. If Freeman wasn't the problem, then this wouldn't be 'a make or break' year for him.

#25 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,897 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

I was the under the impression that nobody was stupid enough to believe it was. Once again you manage to qualify for that elite level of idiocy that so very few share. Congratulations!

Yes, because he has such outstanding accuracy and decision-making attributes. If Freeman wasn't the problem, then this wouldn't be 'a make or break' year for him.

#26 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,192 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

Jets would be insane not to take this

#27 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

why in the hell would they give up that much.

id take that deal in a heart beat!

#28 French Navy

French Navy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationKing of the world, on a boat like Leo

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

I was the under the impression that nobody was stupid enough to believe it was. Once again you manage to qualify for that elite level of idiocy that so very few share. Congratulations!

Rename thread: Darrelle Revis to join Bucs and All-Pro Josh Freeman in Superbowl Run

#29 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,346 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

Riiiiiight. It's the surrounding cast that is choking the talent out of poor Josh Freeman. Nevermind the fact that he has issues reading defenses and can't make good decisions under pressure.

Congratulations yourself.

#30 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

I dont understand why the Bucs are even interested in this nonsense? Even if Revis is as good as advertised and completely takes one receiver out of the game, sure that effects us (the Panthers) but does little to nothing vs the Falcons and Saints. Both of those teams have a myriad of receiving weapons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.