Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keenan Allen Pro Day Tommorow.

328 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a question and before I get started. I like to say I'm a Allen Fan. I love the kid's game and would have no problems drafting him after a trade down and adding other picks.

My question is what makes Allen that much different then Lafell.

Posted

Holy poo this thread is terrible.

I really hate 40 yard dashes. Hate how so many people use it as a barometer to compare prospects. So lazy and makes me think they never watched game tape or any game live and are just piggy backing on analysts/media views.

If the only problem with Keenan is a slow 40 on a 75% leg strength.... sign me up.

Posted

I have a question and before I get started. I like to say I'm a Allen Fan. I love the kid's game and would have no problems drafting him after a trade down and adding other picks.

My question is what makes Allen that much different then Lafell.

I think he is much better with the ball in his hands.

Consensus is he runs really good routes (not sure if Lafell is known for his crisp route tree).

Other than that, he doesn't imo bring anything significantly more. That's why I am not really against him more along the lines of I don't think he brings anything significantly better to the equation. Austin, Patterson types would bring the "Oh S#$$" game changing ability with the ball in their hands. I think that type of explosiveness would take our offense to the next level.

Posted

I think he is much better with the ball in his hands.

Consensus is he runs really good routes (not sure if Lafell is known for his crisp route tree).

Other than that, he doesn't imo bring anything significantly more. That's why I am not really against him more along the lines of I don't think he brings anything significantly better to the equation. Austin, Patterson types would bring the "Oh S#$$" game changing ability with the ball in their hands. I think that type of explosiveness would take our offense to the next level.

We were already at a pretty high level on offense when the OC didn't have his head up his ass.

Posted

He does not look like a 4.7 guy to me

Posted

Are you Mike Mayock or an expert so we should put stock in what you think? Or are you just a fan like the rest of us who has little clue what they are really watching..........

Sorry but I get real tired of people posting a video and acting like some kind of expert or giving their opinion or analysis as if it is legitimate.

And no I don't do that or think of myself as anything but a fan. I listen to the experts and those i trust like Gil Brandt for example and form my opinion from reading them. I don't pretend as if I am one and I don't do mock drafts either for that matter.

Posted

I think his knee is still effecting him. He looks like a 4.5 guy on tape.

Posted

at the 6:36 mark he does.

Posted

I think his knee is still effecting him. He looks like a 4.5 guy on tape.

Precisely. You guys need to watch Mayock's reaction to the workout.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000158484/Mike-Mayock-discusses-Keenan-Allen-pro-day

Basically, his knee is healthy now, but it takes a while for the explosive athleticism to return. Scouts all agree that he's a 4.55 guy on tape and so that's how he'll be judged.

Posted

Precisely. You guys need to watch Mayock's reaction to the workout.

http://www.nfl.com/v...n-Allen-pro-day

Basically, his knee is healthy now, but it takes a while for the explosive athleticism to return. Scouts all agree that he's a 4.55 guy on tape and so that's how he'll be judged.

I think the same thing happen to Gettis last year. i don't think he fully trust that Knee and came back to early.

Posted

Put a Dewayne Jarrett college video up n say he plays like he is 4.5...seperating is seperating.

Posted

Are you Mike Mayock or an expert so we should put stock in what you think? Or are you just a fan like the rest of us who has little clue what they are really watching..........

Sorry but I get real tired of people posting a video and acting like some kind of expert or giving their opinion or analysis as if it is legitimate.

And no I don't do that or think of myself as anything but a fan. I listen to the experts and those i trust like Gil Brandt for example and form my opinion from reading them. I don't pretend as if I am one and I don't do mock drafts either for that matter.

I never thought of trying to be a Mayock on here so I don't see why you're butthurt. Only reason why you'd be mad is if you dislike Keenan and the video does show that he doesn't look like a 4.7 guy. I myself also form my opinion from experts that i trust like Mayock. and Mayock have clearly said he's been clocked at 4.5. So go cry about it.