63 replies to this topic

#16 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

Holy poo.

I didn't call anyone names. You replied to me first, remember?

Oh and when did I say 95% of americans are racist. Damn talk about assumptions. Do you even read your own posts?

Back on topic- It seems weird to me that southerners can't seem to express themselves properly. Um so Brad you're a skynyrd fan right? I think I can find some shirts that say lynyrd skynyrd on them. I can also find camo poo to show southern pride and whatnot. Why do you need to wear a flag that is adopted by the KKK to pay homage to a time when my ancestors were property?

Oh wait Nvm

#17 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,433 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

I'm not a fan of country music.

I'm even less a fan of people parading around with confederate flags like it's no big deal.

you have everybody pegged SZ

at the mention of the word racist, you come running with your typical KKK photos.

your credibility is waning if you see 95% of Americans as members of the Klan.

you come off that way, at least.

It seems your answer to race relaations is name calling and accusations. At least LL and BP did something.

I don't listen to "twangy" country or "thumping" rap. Don't care for either, but when reading their interview and the words, it seemed fairly honest. Not sure songs are the best way to get a message like that out, but it is their venue, so have at it.

If race relations got better overnight, would you indeed be happy? Or would be void leave you looking for answers?

Who exactly is this 95% you are referring to?

#18 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,725 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

Holy poo.

I didn't call anyone names. You replied to me first, remember?

Oh and when did I say 95% of americans are racist. Damn talk about assumptions. Do you even read your own posts?

Back on topic- It seems weird to me that southerners can't seem to express themselves properly. Um so Brad you're a skynyrd fan right? I think I can find some shirts that say lynyrd skynyrd on them. I can also find camo poo to show southern pride and whatnot. Why do you need to wear a flag that is adopted by the KKK to pay homage to a time when my ancestors were property?

Oh wait Nvm

You are a young man, you have a lot of life in front of you. You would do well not to see a white sheet behind every corner. Your life will be much more enjoyable if you distinguish a bit more between good and bad, black and white.

You might even find some guys who enjoyed Lyn Skyn and also enjoy having a beer with you. Throwing up KKK pics for Brad Paisly and LL is so off base. These guys were embracing differences and moving ahead. Are you afraid of that? Don't be. Don't be so invested in an ideology that you miss the bus. Things are getting better, not miss out. Don't wake up at 60 and realize a life of hating all whites because of some morons in the past.

#19 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Don't wake up at 60 and realize a life of hating all whites because of some morons in the past.

for someone so offended by personal attacks and baseless assumptions, you sure like to employ both tactics.

fug off, seriously.

#20 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

I mean I took time to make a pretty good argument(I think so at least). That you don't need a confederate flag to show southern pride. Purposely ignored though.

Want more kkk pics so you can have more things to say about me stirs?

#21 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,725 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

I mean I took time to make a pretty good argument(I think so at least). That you don't need a confederate flag to show southern pride. Purposely ignored though.

Want more kkk pics so you can have more things to say about me stirs?

It was advice, nothing more. Don't be afraid to look out from behind the wall you have built. I am just saying that you are young and can accomplish a lot in your life. Don't be held back by mistrust and finding racists everywhere. Sure, you will occasionally find some, but this is not the 50's.

#22 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

It was advice, nothing more. Don't be afraid to look out from behind the wall you have built. I am just saying that you are young and can accomplish a lot in your life. Don't be held back by mistrust and finding racists everywhere. Sure, you will occasionally find some, but this is not the 50's.

So I won't accomplish anything in life unless I do what some fugtard on the internet says

Brilliant

#23 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,354 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

not sure if people are trolling or not

#24 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

I speak what I feel

#25 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,433 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Don't be held back by mistrust and finding racists everywhere. Sure, you will occasionally find some, but this is not the 50's.

What? You can't be serious.

#26 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,814 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

brad paisely tries to tackle issues of multivocal indexicality in post-desegregation symbolism by writing a country song about it

what could go wrong?

#27 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,725 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

brad paisely tries to tackle issues of multivocal indexicality in post-desegregation symbolism by writing a country song about it

what could go wrong?

That's what I was saying...wait..what

#28 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,814 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

That's what I was saying...wait..what

that's my point. it's an incredibly complex idea - symbolism and meaning weighed against the context of history and elements of power and control - and country music is probably the worst medium on the planet in which to dissect it.

the song is retarded but i wouldn't just point-blank call brad paisley a racist

#29 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,725 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

yep, i saw the words and was not totally freaked out.

what i was hoping that sz could see is that there are efforts, however stumbling, to reach out

BP would probably not have released the song at all if LL had not been in collaboration

all i have ever read on Paisley has been pretty good, played for O at white house, etc.

quite bold actually for someone in country to reach out to a rapper to record with him while having an audience who could be lukewarm to the idea.

his money was not the chief issue for sure.

#30 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

live by the sword die by the sword applicable?

Anyway, nothing I said was that controversial. People know that the flag pisses people off (why almost everyone does it) and they sport it anyway.

My favorite simpsons quote applies to this situation as well... the flag is "Not racist, but number one with racists!" So why take the risk? If you like Skynyrd, wear a Skynyrd shirt. Problem solved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com