MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,263 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

Well you do kind of ban the car when you impound it after he gets a few DUIs

Do you think we should take guns away from people if they get charged with domestic violence?

I would have not problem with that.....no problem with banning people convicted of violent crimes from owning guns.

But, I would expect the liberal idiots on here to scream that this a violation of their civil rights and that they paid for their crime.

#62 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,263 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

If he lost his license from DUI he is breaking the law. Hmmm yes let's make any man convicted of a violent crime be barred by law from owning a gn. Great idea dude. Now well need to have a way to check, like maybe a background check or something.

I am 100% in support of more stringent background checks for gun ownership.  I am also 100% for mandatory gun training and safety training for gun ownership.

As previously said, I think that those convicted of certain violent crimes should lose their right to gun ownership...even though this is a slipperly slope.

The only aspect of the gun control legislation that I am not in support of is the banning of gun ownership (even semi auto assault rifles) from law abiding citizens.

#63 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,927 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

Congratulations, you are with @ 90 percent of the American population, too bad the NRA outspent you.

#64 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,263 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

Congratulations, you are with @ 90 percent of the American population, too bad the NRA outspent you.

I am not a member of the NRA...nor do I support their hard line stance.

#65 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

I am 100% in support of more stringent background checks for gun ownership.  I am also 100% for mandatory gun training and safety training for gun ownership.

As previously said, I think that those convicted of certain violent crimes should lose their right to gun ownership...even though this is a slipperly slope.

The only aspect of the gun control legislation that I am not in support of is the banning of gun ownership (even semi auto assault rifles) from law abiding citizens.

Not trying to start an arguement. But more stringent background checks? I am not sure that the laws currently in place are not effective. Since criminals do not go through the legal process anyway, how is ratcheting up on non-criminals gonna make a difference? What process would be added? are we talking national registries and med reports? Cause if so its too invasive on people who are already following the laws by entering into the process. The only thing i've heard that I can truly get behind is doing away with private sales at gunshows. Again not trying to be difficult, but I just don't see putting law abiding citizens thru an anal exam to exercise a god-given right.

#66 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,263 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

Not trying to start an arguement. But more stringent background checks? I am not sure that the laws currently in place are not effective. Since criminals do not go through the legal process anyway, how is ratcheting up on non-criminals gonna make a difference? What process would be added? are we talking national registries and med reports? Cause if so its too invasive on people who are already following the laws by entering into the process. The only thing i've heard that I can truly get behind is doing away with private sales at gunshows. Again not trying to be difficult, but I just don't see putting law abiding citizens thru an anal exam to exercise a god-given right.

I would like to see consistency across states on background checks.  Too easy to go from one state to another to get around them.

I do not prescribe to the theory that because it would not be a perfect solution then do nothing.

#67 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,303 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

20 years additional years added to any sentence with no chance for parole if a gun is used in an assault, robbery, murder, rape, any violent crime.

Liberals don't want that.

#68 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,469 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

I don't agree with you too often Hatter, but hats off to you ;)

In all seriousness, sometimes I wonder if there is more common ground on some issues (like this one) than what most people realize because the rest of the world is just like the Huddle: way too happy to argue semantics and minor details rather than come together to push politicians.

that, and there's a giant fuging lobby bending over backwards for the firearms industry (and yes I realize that's not unique to the firearms industry, nobody needs to try to point that out :P)

#69 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

I would like to see consistency across states on background checks.  Too easy to go from one state to another to get around them.

I do not prescribe to the theory that because it would not be a perfect solution then do nothing.I

and we should strengthen the penalties for such behaviors dramatically. I know a guy right now that has taken pleas on two different gun charges after previously convicted for stolen gun charges. To me, discouragement starts in the courts. seriously, this kid has beaten 9 felonies thru pleas and technicalities over a 6yr period of time. Ridiculous! My point is that instead of deterring honest people from wanting to take part in thier rights and making gun ownership so much of a hassle, we could be making examples out of offenders, who seek to abuse our rights and privaledges. Starting with no more pleas for violent offenders and firearm charges. Which is actually already on federal books. Just never enforced. Like many of our standing laws.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.