Photo
- - - - -

Interesting interview with Mike Tannenbaum on Sirius today.

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#151 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Dude what are you talking about? Colbert wasnt a first rounder first of all. I mean I dont even . . . Do you understand that question im asking you?

That is just a mad clutter of ideas thrown at a page with no point to it at all. What is your point here? Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing, lol. Look man, its simple, you dont draft a guy at 14 to not start at 1 or 2. . . period. What is all this wall of text? You're just rampbing nonsense about how we need a WR badly arent you? Read it. Ghead and tell me where it suggests that it is common for teams to pick a WR in our situation. Let me explain the givens for you since you dont get it: Smith and LaFell are starters and will get most of the snaps.

You keep repeating the same thing as the other guys. Smith is old, LaFell isnt good enough. Thats all im getting out of this.

Gamble was an incredible open field tackler for a cornerback, for any Panther's fan to say that tells me you dont know the sport. Go read some details about Gamble from your favorite website since you dont have eyeballs to see for yourself. This is probably the worst comment Ive ever read about him. You couldnt be farther from the truth. It was one of his strengths.

...and why are you saying its easier to fill those spots in FA, because you said so? lol yeah thats not how it works. The risk is the same whether you draft a rookie or a vet. There are different variables but the risk is still there even if you decide to ignore it.

i didn't get the whole its easier to find DT in Fa then WR thing either.

Just in the last few years there have been more top level WR on the Market then DT.

Example
Vincent Jackson , Mike Wallace, Jennings and Wayne were on the market.
Not to many teams let top level DT go to FA.

#152 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

i didn't get the whole its easier to find DT in Fa then WR thing either.

Just in the last few years there have been more top level WR on the Market then DT.

Example
Vincent Jackson , Mike Wallace, Jennings and Wayne were on the market.
Not to many teams let top level DT go to FA.

Dude its hopeless, they want to just keep repeating the same thing and Im done here. Me and you are just doing the same thing now and whats the point. They dont understand football anyways.

Anyone suggesting to draft a WR over any of our other needs on defense . . in our predicament. . .doesnt get that there are two sides to a football team.

#153 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Dude its hopeless, they want to just keep repeating the same thing and Im done here. Me and you are just doing the same thing now and whats the point. They dont understand football anyways.

Anyone suggesting to draft a WR over any of our other needs on defense . . in our predicament. . .doesnt get that there are two sides to a football team.

I understand the need to have a replacement for Smith on the roster. It is a valid argument. IMO We really don't have another WR who can be a #1 on this team. I feel the same about having Gross replacement as well.

But you can't look at the depth chart at these 3 positions (DT, WR, and Secondary) and think WR is the biggest need IMO. There is no way you can convince me that we should have more faith in the DT's and Secondary on this roster then the WR's.

Then you add in the fact they have spent money on FA WR. Who again IMO are better and more proven talent then what they did in the secondary. And we've done next to nothing to improve our DT situation. I'm not saying "I will jump off a roof and never be a panther fan again" if we spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on a WR. Because I can see the logic in it. But I will have a few questions why did you use so much resources this offseason on 1 position? When we had so many other needs?

#154 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

I understand the need to have a replacement for Smith on the roster. It is a valid argument. IMO We really don't have another WR who can be a #1 on this team. I feel the same about having Gross replacement as well.

But you can't look at the depth chart at these 3 positions (DT, WR, and Secondary) and think WR is the biggest need IMO. There is no way you can convince me that we should have more faith in the DT's and Secondary on this roster then the WR's.

Then you add in the fact they have spent money on FA WR. Who again IMO are better and more proven talent then what they did in the secondary. And we've done next to nothing to improve our DT situation. I'm not saying "I will jump off a roof and never be a panther fan again" if we spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on a WR. Because I can see the logic in it. But I will have a few questions why did you use so much resources this offseason on 1 position? When we had so many other needs?

Yep it sucks that we havnt had anyone push Smitty to the two. He's going to retire with the league still not really knowing what he was capable of. How the fug is he not injured more often at his size and how confrontationally he plays?

I wouldnt hate a pick for WR at 14 but thats only because Im a tarded fan like the rest of these idiots. The truth is though, OMFG we need help at those other spots.

#155 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Dude what are you talking about? Colbert wasnt a first rounder first of all. I mean I dont even . . . Do you understand the question im asking you?

That is just a mad clutter of ideas thrown at a page with no point to it at all. What is your point here? Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing, lol. Look man, its simple, you dont draft a guy at 14 to not start at 1 or 2. . . period. What is all this wall of text? You're just rambling nonsense about how we need a WR badly arent you? Read it. Ghead and tell me where it suggests that it is common for teams to pick a WR in our situation. Let me explain the givens for you since you dont get it: Smith and LaFell are starters and will get most of the snaps.

You keep repeating the same thing as the other guys. Smith is old, LaFell isnt good enough. Thats all im getting out of this.

Gamble was an incredible open field tackler for a cornerback, for any Panther's fan to say that tells me you dont know the sport. Go read some details about Gamble from your favorite website since you dont have eyeballs to see for yourself. This is probably the worst comment Ive ever read about him. You couldnt be farther from the truth. It was one of his strengths.

...and why are you saying its easier to fill those spots in FA, because you said so? lol yeah thats not how it works. The risk is the same whether you draft a rookie or a vet. There are different variables but the risk is still there even if you decide to ignore drafting at your spot.

I wont continue to keep repeating myself . . . thats my last post on this topic, dude. You obviously dont understand:

1) That we have two starters already and anyone we bring in will get limited snaps
2) Any DT will get lots of snaps because we will put him right in
3) NO TEAM has ever drafted a guy at 14 or higher to sit behind the 1 and 2 on their roster already.
4) Cornerbacks are half the size of most of the players on the field. Just because Gamble never lifted someone in the air and tossed them back 10 yards doesnt mean he's not a good tackler.

I dont even know what to say about your comment it was so full of bullsht.Gamble had a bad attitude too? Does Smitty have a good attitude then? how about Jake and Cam, do they have bad attitudes? Boy your a big authority on attitudes and tackling then arent you. Tell me how Gambles attitude was bad. He was always causing distraction in the media huh?

Look at yourself man, is this what you came here for? To pretend to more than anyone else? Im here trying to reign you idiots in and tell you to consider all your options. Obviously we need defensive players. Obviously we have a coach that is in a hot seat that need to win now not next year when our new WR has developed. . . AND obviously we have two starters at the WR position.

Whoa man Who the fug are you calling an idiot? Just because you don't agree with me? Have I called you 1 name? I'm just discussing this same as you man. KKL and me went back and forth several times but neither one of us starting slamming the other. CRA and I have went rounds before about RB's but debated it like men. It's a difference in opinion. It's allowed. Why are going apeshit? IS it cocaine Friday?

1. I said Keary because we took him in the 2nd rd. I have said in EVERY single post to you and KKL that I was fine taking a wide receiver in the 2nd and addressing another need first and that preferably we traded back so we could address WR,DT, and a secondary player. Go reread my posts to you and and KKL and try to find where I did not say that. So you are mistaken there right off the bat. That's 1.

2. You're the one that keeps bringing up the 14 th pick WR. I HAVE NOT SAID 1 TIME THAT WE HAVE TO TAKE A WR THERE. I just consider it a bigger need than you and KKL do. Go back and find a post where I said we had to take a WR at 14 and that you two were idiots for not seeing that. NEVER HAPPENED. That's 2 mistakes.

3. I was not slamming Gamble. You mentioned Thomas and Gamble and said Gamble was the better cover guy. I AGREED with you there. How is that me acting like I know everything bro(mistake 3)? And I did not say Gamble had a bad attitude. I meant that Thomas seemed to play with attitude. To me Gamble was talented but kind of like Peppers in demeanor. So yes it was nice to see a young guy it jacked up and fire his teammates up. Gamble was ALWAYS considered more of a cover corner than a great tackler. I've watched this team since inception. I remember Chris Cooley trucking over him when he tried the old Deion tackle on him. He got ALOT better under Rivera but for most of his career...No. Gamble just retired. Obviously he had wheels left. But he walked. To me that supports my opinion about his football demeanor. But that's just my opinion. That was not an important point to me, you started the Thomas/Gamble comparison.

4. IF I am the big idiot that you are calling me, then WHY have Rivera and Gettleman brought in WAAY more WR's than other positions? WHY?????? How is it not logical to see that they see WR as a need too? That doesn't mean they take one but it seems highly likely. AGAIN I'm not saying has to be at 14 so PLEASE let that poo go. You are coming off WAY more arrogant than me dude. You are unable to acknowledge anyone else's point or even that they have a right to it. I have never claimed to be an expert on here. EVER. Go Find where I said that. Or claimed to watch hours of film or any of that poo. NEVER. Mistake 4.

5. You said in your first post that there is no need to draft a WR period until Steve retires or Lafell leaves. I simply stated that teams address WR when they know 1 is leaving in a year or 2, Steve is. I never said we had to at 14 or that we should draft all WR's and nothing else. The Packers drafted Rodgers YEARS before Brett retired because they saw it was an inevitable need. The Packers are loaded at WR but knew Driver/Jennings, were long in the tooth so drafted Jordy Nelson,Jones, then Cobb. So teams do address WR when they have a 1 and 2, never said it had to be a 1st pick rd pick YOU ARE getting hung up on that.. (Mistake too many too count)

Holy poo you are right , why DO I come on here.

#156 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

Declaring that anyone with a different opinion from you doesn't know poo is the definition of arrogance dude. That's worse than hypocriticaI never once made a statement like that to you or Luke. KKL just said he could see the point he just didn't agree with the order of priorities. That's all I've said that I agree on the other needs too but see Steve's replacement differently. You can agree to disagree with out being an asshole. You just said part of you would like to see Steve with a Legit possible number 1 even though you know we have other needs, but when I said it I'm fuging retarded? I'm going go drink now and leave the vaginafest to u. Cheers fugers

#157 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

Why do people get so angry when theyre wrong. Just take it in stride and move on, wow.

#158 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

Why do people get so angry when theyre wrong. Just take it in stride and move on, wow.

Wow is that you make it personal, calling me an idiot like 5 times and putting words in my mouth and now say that poo. Anybody would've called you out for talking to them like that, including your boy KKL. If you were a man you'd own up, instead you look like a fuging weasel. Have fun sitting down to pee. Congrats.

#159 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,546 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

Catfight!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.