Tyler Vagyler's Final Mock Draft

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

In my final my mock I have the team making a deal to move back in the first round and pick up a third round pick. I'd say a team a couple picks behind us will try to move up and jump some teams for their guy. This benefits us because we only have 5 picks this draft.

Round 1: Keenan Allen, WR, California

Posted Image

The Panthers have made it obvious they are looking to draft a WR in this draft. It's also clear Keenan Allen has a few connections to the organization. And, in my opinion, it's not far-fetched to label Allen has the best WR in this year's draft. He doesn't have the hype that you'd get with Tavon Austin or Cordarrelle Patterson but he does have the skill. Allen is a big, physical receiver who is known for precise route running and great catching ability. The Panthers desperately need to find a current #2 WR that will replace Smith as our top guy down the road. Keenan Allen would be the ideal player for this team. He is as safe of a pick as Luke was last season.

Round 2: Matt Elam, S, Florida

Posted Image

There has been a lack of fear from our opponents' offenses in recent years. Bringing in a guy like Elam would change that. Known as an explosiveness hitter who has a knack for breaking up plays, Matt Elam is exactly what this defense needs. Let's put some fear in these WRs and make them second guess about hitting that route across the middle.

Round 3: Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State

Posted Image

I'll admit, it's a bit of a stretch to say Slay will still be on the board in the middle of the third round. However, with the high number of solid CBs in this draft there is a small chance he slips down to us in our newly acquired third round pick. Darius Slay stole the show at the NFL combine and reminded people that Jonathan Banks wasn't the only CB torturing opponents at Mississippi State. At 6', Slay is a nice sized CB with blazing speed who is also known for his versatility in coverage and ability to stop the run.

Round 4: Xavier Nixon, OT, Florida

Posted Image

Xavier Nixon is one of the most skilled offensive lineman in this draft, however he lacks consistency. Despite this negative characteristic, Nixon comes with tons experience against top defensive lineman in the country. The Panthers should not expect him to walk in as a starter day 1, though the ceiling is extremely high for Nixon. Sitting behind Gross for a season would do him wonders.

I won't bother to do the rest of the draft because there's no telling who will be available.

#2 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,039 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Don't hate it, but it's not the direction I prefer. No DT in the first two rounds = automatic points deducted :)

#3 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,313 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

I love it, but Slay won't be there in the third unfortunately. It honestly wouldn't totally shock me to see Slay taken ahead of Banks just because Slay has the better physical tools. Slay's biggest knock is he lacks experience starting at CB. Once he gets the reps he should be a stud. Probably would have to go to a guy like Logan Ryan or Blidi Wreh-Wilson who are both very solid as well. Either that or maybe Brandon Williams falls who would be excellent value at NT in the third. I do love Allen, Elam, and Nixon in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th rounds though....

#4 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

GREAT MOCK! But I dont think Elam is going to be there at 44. I hope to God that Elam is there at 44, bc he's my favorite safety in this class. My overall favorite player in the beginning of last season was Eric Reid, but he did nothing spectacular. Elam or Cyprien in this draft and its a A+ draft for me. WE NEED SAFETY HELP!

#5 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

I think Slay will most likely go in the mid to late 2nd but there's still hope that he falls.

Elam should be there at 44. Teams are hesitant on him because of his height.

#6 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

Slay will not be there in the 3rd, to nice a physical specimen.

Would rather go Hunter at WR, as I dont see Allen being much better, if any from, Lafell and Hixon. Hunter has a higher ceiling and brings that over the top long rangy WR we are missing.

Not a fan of short DB's. We need to go DT in the 2nd imo.

Id give this draft a B.

#7 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

6' is short for a CB?

#8 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

Elam is 5'10

#9 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and predict Elam leads the NFL his rookie season.

In personal fouls.

#10 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

I don't mind Allen but I prefer hunter as well. I like slay in the 2nd and I like b Williams in the 3rd. But I like Nixon in the 4th but I also like Faulk from lsu

#11 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

No Dt really??

#12 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

GREAT MOCK! But I dont think Elam is going to be there at 44. I hope to God that Elam is there at 44, bc he's my favorite safety in this class. My overall favorite player in the beginning of last season was Eric Reid, but he did nothing spectacular. Elam or Cyprien in this draft and its a A+ draft for me. WE NEED SAFETY HELP!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Elam is the best in this class.

#13 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

Awesome! Would love it!

#14 Rhell

Rhell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

I don't think Allen would be great in the first, but if he fell to our second pick (there is a decent chance he could be there) that would be awesome. I think the Allen thing might be somewhat of a smokescreen for who we really want, Hopkins will be better in my opinion and we did work him out as well. But good mock, we will see soon what kind of team they want to build.

#15 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:39 AM

Every time OP posts all I see is vagina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com