Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where will Tavon Austin be picked?

48 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah thinking he is a lock for the Jets now.

Posted

Oakland no.3

Posted

Jets at 13 unless they trade down

Posted

I'm really getting nervous that the Eagles might even snag him at #4...

Not that he isn't deserving of being the #4 pick, but I want him to fall to #14. That is beginning to look like a dream...

I've even tossed the idea around of who we could trade, and what spot we could trade up to, to ensure that we get Austin... lol

Posted

I'm really getting nervous that the Eagles might even snag him at #4...

Not that he isn't deserving of being the #4 pick, but I want him to fall to #14. That is beginning to look like a dream...

I've even tossed the idea around of who we could trade, and what spot we could trade up to, to ensure that we get Austin... lol

He isnt worth trading up for imo. With Star falling I would be happy if the Jets choice was either Austin or Star. We would get the other and I would be happy.

Posted

I don't think he'll get past the fourteenth pick, whether that is us taking him or a team that has traded up with us to get him at fourteen.

His most likely landing point?

I would say the Bills, Jets or Titans. The Bills said not to long ago that they wanted to move Stevie into the slot, and get an outside receiver, so perhaps they could be in the market for Austin at #8. And the Jets need a receiver to either pair with a new QB they draft (eg. Geno Smith) or for one of their existing QBs on their roster. But I have seen mocks where the Jets take a pass rusher and a CB with their two 1st round picks. Another team is the Titans, they need to surround Locker with talent and Austin might just be the right guy to go for.

The Texans and Vikings might trade up for him, both teams want a receiver.

I'm not sure if we'll end up having the chance to take him, but if the opportunity does present itself, then it might make sense in order to give us another explosive receiving option.

Posted

He isnt worth trading up for imo. With Star falling I would be happy if the Jets choice was either Austin or Star. We would get the other and I would be happy.

Jets pick twice before we do... They could get both lol

Posted

Jets seem to make sense.

what was the highest ranked D he played against last year? because they played some horrible d's.

Posted

@CBSSports: The Jets could take Tavon Austin in the first round. He says New York, "has a plan for him." http://t.co/UhHDppejSC

Posted

Saw that this morning and teared up...

Jets could actually get Geno and Tavon... Their offense would automatically be improved drastically...

Posted

Geno in NJ bad idea.