#61 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

Panthers don't want a WR...so they have private workouts with more WR's than any other position?

Got it.

#62 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

Panthers don't want a WR...so they have private workouts with more WR's than any other position?

Got it.

I actually asked him specifically about that and his response was that they would take a receiver "at some point"...doesn't seem to think it will be in the first.

#63 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,100 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

I actually asked him specifically about that and his response was that they would take a receiver "at some point"...doesn't seem to think it will be in the first.

How many of the receivers they worked out are guys that you would expect to still be around "at some point"?

#64 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,637 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Working out a number of receivers means we are interested in picking one but it means it could be later in the draft and might mean we had to visit with many of them given there are no real standouts or top 10 receivers in this draft.

#65 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

He's a sportswriter. His whole job is to know stuff. That's what he's paid to do.

Even if he can't get hold of the Panthers draft board, he should at least have researched the team enough to be able to make good, solid educated guesses.

I see no indication he's put in that much effort.

I wasn't really defending him because I too think that he's awful. I'm just saying it's a bit ridiculous to expect anyone to know exactly what's going to happen in the draft. It's not like we all don't already know the positions the team has been targeting anyways.

#66 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,100 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

I wasn't really defending him because I too think that he's awful. I'm just saying it's a bit ridiculous to expect anyone to know exactly what's going to happen in the draft. It's not like we all don't already know the positions the team has been targeting anyways.

I don't expect him to know exactly who we're going to draft.

I'd just like for him to know more about the team than he actually demonstrates knowing in this chat.

#67 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,694 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

If he said the Panthers were looking to take Tavon, all if you would be slobbering over how great Person was.

Typical for fans...live the guy that agrees with you and hate the guy that does not.

#68 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,100 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

If he said the Panthers were looking to take Tavon, all if you would be slobbering over how great Person was.

Typical for fans...live the guy that agrees with you and hate the guy that does not.

To be fair Hatter, he doesn't have to agree with me. It'd be nice if he agreed with himself, though. Some of his inconsistencies are kinda head scratching.

#69 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

this

#70 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,199 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

I wish Gettleman would just come out and tell us who we are drafting.

His communication thus far is terrible.

#71 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

To be fair Hatter, he doesn't have to agree with me. It'd be nice if he agreed with himself, though. Some of his inconsistencies are kinda head scratching.

I kinda got that from him today. He definitely has his opinions, but when it comes to the team and what they are thinking I honestly believe he doesn't have a clue or simply doesn't care to. It almost sounded to me like he didn't want to be wrong so he just kinda played both sides of the fence or was really vague.

#72 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,100 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

I kinda got that from him today. He definitely has his opinions, but when it comes to the team and what they are thinking I honestly believe he doesn't have a clue or simply doesn't care to. It almost sounded to me like he didn't want to be wrong so he just kinda played both sides of the fence or was really vague.

I'd be okay with "vague". Predicting the draft tends to be about as easy as predicting the weather. Being wrong isn't that big a deal since quite a lot of people usually are.

Being uninformed, when it's your job to know this stuff, that I have an issue with. Especially if it's true he doesn't really care.

#73 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Sounds like he contradicts a lot of what Gettleman says. Who to believe...

Lol....

In all seriousness you know Gettleman is doing a little bit of smoke screening .

#74 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

No way we take a DT in the first, just no way.

#75 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,084 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

Did anybody ask him what he thinks about loafers? I bet he'd have been most interested in answering that question.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com