sounds like the sincerest kind of faith to me tbh

#82 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationAlaska
HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

Here are some less mystical ways to improve your chances of living a healthy life. (Prayer is still optional)
1. Be optimistic. Research has found that optimistic people tend to act in healthier ways than those who are negative. (source)
2. Don’t Smoke. Non-smokers live, on average, 14 years longer than long-term smokers.(source)
3. Floss. When you floss, you rid your mouth of bacteria that can cause inflammation in the gums. This inflammation can travel to the heart, leading to heart disease. (source)
4. Don’t be a COP. The danger, stress and sleep deprivation that results from working in the line of duty decreases the average police officer’s life span by 8 years. (source)
5. Drink. Contrary to common sense, drinking alcohol has been shown to increase life span. This may be because alcohol can serve to help strengthen social networks, which are important for maintaining mental and physical health. (source)
6. Be a female. Women live an average of 10 years longer than men. This is due to environmental reasons, genetic reasons and a tendency for males to be more competitive and aggressive in nature. Such behavior increases chances of death due to violence, accidents and risk-taking. (source)
7. Sex? Yes please! Having frequent sex helps relieve stress and improve sleep. It also boosts immunity and serves as a form of exercise. (source)
8. “I Do!” Married individuals have been shown to be more likely to avoid risks and seek out a more stable lifestyle. (source)
9. Get up and move around. Sitting 6+ hours per day makes you up to 40 percent likelier to die within 15 years than someone who sits less than three hours a day. This is true even if you exercise. (source)
10. Adopt a pet. The simple act of petting a dog or cat has the ability to reduce stress and blood pressure. Pet owners have also been shown to be less likely to suffer from depression. (source) http://www.pleated-j...-your-lifespan/

#83 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The Yumbo of the Huddle

• LocationColumbia, South Kacky
HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

Praying: literally the least you could do!

#84 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• LocationDark Side of the Moon
HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

There are tons of examples from medical journals where people with strong faiths and prayer overcame illnesses.....that even the doctors say is remarkable and unexplainable.

This could be due to the power of the human mind. Many believe and have been trying to prove that a positive outlook....strength to fight....and belief that you will beat the illness does in fact have a positive impact on recovery.

Or.....it could be that prayer and belief in God does work.

Fact is that none of your douche nozles know if God is real or not. You just sit there and ridicule anyone who do.

One big reason I hope he exists (sarcasm)........to see the "Oh poo" looks on your faces when you are standing at the Pearly Gates trying to get it. Would be priceless.

#85 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

hey madhatter did you know that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of god

#86 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

I'd love to see some of these "tons of examples from medical journals" tbqh

#87 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• LocationMontford
HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

go to a hospital and ask doctors.

i guess the question is for the ones where who don't pray or quietly sneer at someone who does, do you believe in miracles? no not the US Hockey team but do you?

or, you have resigned to your own logic and in the box thinking and just say...it is what it is. such optimistic thinking i say.

#88 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

hey madhatter did you know that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of god

Easier...not impossible

#89 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

i guess the question is for the ones where who don't pray or quietly sneer at someone who does, do you believe in miracles? no not the US Hockey team but do you?

or, you have resigned to your own logic and in the box thinking and just say...it is what it is. such optimistic thinking i say.

I don't believe in things that don't have good enough evidence to believe. If you want to call that not thinking outside the box then so be it. So no I don't believe in miracles.

So if you believe god intervenes then do you think he's an ass hole when he doesn't? Say a child is born with serious birth defects, live til 8 years old then dies. God made him that way, no prayers were answered to heal, and then god allowed him to die. God not only made the child that way he also never intervened though he could. That's a pretty terrible thing to do. If any human had the power to take that a way and choose not to, they'd be considered a monster. Do you think his compensation of heaven is justification for his immoral inaction.

The ramification of belief in an intervening god cause a lot of theological problems for Christians.

#90 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

Even if this were the case, do you not see the difference in logic process involved between attributing it to a "miracle" or "God's work" versus actual scientific understanding of the human body?

Could it not be the evolutionary resilience of the human body and all it's minutia when overcoming such odds? Or, are you okay with the idea that we're simply physical shells modified and toyed with at the whims of an ever-present omnipotent incorporeal being?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users