Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign me up d-getta

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So i did a 32 team mock with a fan of each team repping them. This is not what i would like to happen, this is what i did in the mock.

I made three trades

Stewart for the 88th overall pick
Picks 14 and 182 for 21,84,156
Then pick 156 for 181, 196, 229

Then the draft

21 - Jonathan Cyprien - Safety - FIU
44 - Justin Hunter - Wr - Tenn
84 - Alvin Bailey - Og - Arkansas
88 - Brandon Williams - Dt - mizz southern
108 - Marcus Lattimore - Rb - sc
Fifth round - Chris Faulk - ot - lsu
Sixth - Rod Sweeting - cb - ga tech
Sixth - Caleb Sturgis - k - florida
Seventh - Ryan Allen - p - la tech

Im pretty happy with that. Every guy looks to be a potential starter in two years with alot of immediate impact.

Posted · Report post

Trading Stewart is just stupid, especially if you're expecting Lattimore to take his place.

Posted · Report post

Also Stewart would have around a 20million or so(I can't remember the exact number from his contract) cap hit this year because of all his bonus money being accelerated.

As for the draft itself I think it is pretty good but I doubt Hunter is going to be available in the mid second.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jackofalltrades' timestamp='1366734924' post='2204205']
Trading Stewart is just stupid, especially if you're expecting Lattimore to take his place.
[/quote]

I would rather trade Stewart than Deangelo Williams. Don't want to trade either, but if we had to... I agree I wouldn't take Lattimore to take his place because we already have the answer on our team. Like Tauran Poole, or we could even get a Kenjon Barner, even though I know he is more similar to Deangelo, I think he is a great running back. Oh and Deangelo is a top 5 running back when ever we can get him the ball.

By the way good picks man I would be OK with this draft. Jonathan Cyprien is a pretty good safety, I think he is a little slow to get off the hash, but when he gets off of them he is there to lay the wood.

Posted · Report post

I think it is far fetched but some of the picks are good. Would not take the punter or the kicker

Posted · Report post

Agreed trading stewart is not realistic it was done to add a pick with no cap consequence. As far as guys not being available, they were available when it was my turn to pick each time, so why would i not select them? If your kickers are below average, wayyyyy below why wouldnt you take the number one guy at each position in the 6th/7th round???

Posted · Report post

I think Brad Norman did a hell of a lot better than Baker. I know his stats say other wise, but I don't remember any punt returns, if any. Now for the Kicker I agree we need a one.

Posted · Report post

Nortman was average. Its just much easier to pick the number one punter at 229 then the 28th or so cb

Posted · Report post

Sorry but I stopped after seeing Stewart was traded. This would be idiotic and I fail to see any reasonable rationale for it.

Posted · Report post

Because i wanted another pick, it didnt cost me anything.