• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#46 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

At first, I was disappointed and a bit pissed. But, we had a 32-year old 3 technique DT with nobody behind him. We have Cole, Star, and Fua/Kearse at NT, but we really had 2 needs.

At Purdue, Short was on a bad team and was often the focus of the offense. He played a ton of snaps and played (SR) on a bad ankle at times. Rarely did he not have to face a double team. Durning his senior season, he had 7 sacks. Gettemen said, "Big men allow you to compete."

We have them now.

We just got scary.

We can still add a WR and OL in the draft. Gettlemen has some cap $$ tucked away.

#47 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

I know what a Feeding Frenzy looks like - Dave Gettleman

#48 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

just woke up here in korea.

saw it and was happy as a b!tch!

short is a terror at getting pressure and TFL.

easily the best UT in the draft.

#49 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,500 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

Gettleman is thinking this year, the next, the next and the next. The draft should reflect the team's plan, not a reaction to what happened in the immediate past.

Strategy and tactics are not the same thing. Gettleman was hired to be a strategist and he is doing one hell of a job.

Our D-line has the potential to become famous as a group.

#50 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

I was surprised, but very happy because I have been high on Short for awhile. When the team resigned Dwan Edwards and drafted Star, I figured that they were done. The pick makes a lot of sense as Edwards is here for only two seasons, maybe just one, and now the team has a defensive line with insane potential. I expect to see that aggression Rivera promised when he was first hired, and the personal so far makes it look more and more like it's finally coming.

I'm expecting a RG in the 4th, a player in the 5th that isn't a position of need and was expected to go higher (lol LB or RB), and either a DB or WR in the 6th.

#51 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

Ima take Gettlemans opinions over yours my man. In time, you will rejoice with me and many other over how great this front 7 is.

I love the new front seven. Just feel cam is being neglected

#52 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,536 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

What was there for Cam in the 2nd? Larry Warford was the only draftable offensive lineman at 44. The rest were boom or bust projects. All the wide receivers had questions about them. It was considered a weak skill position draft. We got the guy on the top line of our board. We should be happy.

#53 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Hopefully Da'Rick Rodgers will be around in the 4th.

#54 Untouchable

Untouchable

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

I couldn't be happier. So many more positions on defense just improved because of our first 2 picks. CB and S now both improved. And the even scarier thought is our LBs and DEs just improved too.

#55 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,045 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

my reaction

Posted Image

#56 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,089 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

25akheu.gif

My reaction then, and my reaction still.  Plus, I just like this .gif and wanted to use it.

#57 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

I was surprised, but very happy because I have been high on Short for awhile. When the team resigned Dwan Edwards and drafted Star, I figured that they were done. The pick makes a lot of sense as Edwards is here for only two seasons, maybe just one, and now the team has a defensive line with insane potential. I expect to see that aggression Rivera promised when he was first hired, and the personal so far makes it look more and more like it's finally coming.

I'm expecting a RG in the 4th, a player in the 5th that isn't a position of need and was expected to go higher (lol LB or RB), and either a DB or WR in the 6th.

Dude, you pretty much nailed it.

#58 Bozarden

Bozarden

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:29 AM

Initially i was dissapointed, because we already addressed DT in the forst round, but came to realise that we will now have a dominant D-line for years to come.

#59 O-Ther

O-Ther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationMCO

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:39 AM

My reaction was we FINALLY have a GM that has the stones to say he'll take the BPA, and then REALLY take the BPA. Prefer my GM's to be looking out the windshield to where we're going, not looking in the rear view mirror at where we were.

#60 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,206 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

My reaction was we FINALLY have a GM that has the stones to say he'll take the BPA, and then REALLY take the BPA. Prefer my GM's to be looking out the windshield to where we're going, not looking in the rear view mirror at where we were.

I'd love to get a close-up of that avatar. Just saying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.