Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade the Panthers Day 1/Day 2 Draft Picks

113 votes

1. 1. How do you Grade the Panthers Day 1/Day 2 Draft Picks?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Obviously no 3rd round pick due to Hurney Magic. But how do you grade the Panthers Round 1 and 2 picks?

Posted

I'd give round 1 an A+, round 2 a B+ averaging out to an A

2 people like this

Posted

B+...the Kwaan pick was head scratching just from a needs perspective. But Gettleman never lied.

1 person likes this

Posted

My thoughts exactly

Posted

(1) A+

(2) B+

Posted

With the beastly D-Line we have right now, our 3 panthers at linebacker are going to be able to go on the prowl. Reminds me of the Ravens when they won the Superbowl in 2000.

Posted

This

Posted

The only reason Kawann Short would be considered a B+ is because the team took Star in the 1st. However, Star will likely play NT to occupy double teams and generate a push while Short is a UT that will act more as a pass rusher that can also occupy two if need be. Dwan Edwards' contract is for two years and Gettleman is drafting "for the Panthers." I like it a lot. A+ on Star, A on Short. I'm excited at who the team takes in the 4th.

1 person likes this

Posted

The only reason Kawann Short would be considered a B+ is because the team took Star in the 1st. However, Star will likely play NT to occupy double teams and generate a push while Short is a UT that will act more as a pass rusher that can also occupy two if need be. Dwan Edwards' contract is for two years and Gettleman is drafting "for the Panthers." I like it a lot. A+ on Star, A on Short. I'm excited at who the team takes in the 4th.

Couldn't say it better

Posted

I'll give it an A+, I like both the picks. They fill needs and were BPA type of picks. Short is a monster Pash rusher while Star is a prototypical NT. They both also offer the team some versatility when switching between front's,

Posted

Dwan got hurt last season and is 32 so I don't mind this pick at all. Short is also better against the run than Edwards is too. I love how our greatest weakness over the past 5 years maybe one of our strongest positions.

Posted

KK may wind up being as good as Star. His hand tech is the best of the draft at DT...period. As a predict, this draft has to go A++.

2 people like this