#211 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,526 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

You should visit this guys twitter page.... He has a quote from Ray Lewis with his picture and then this

Posted Image
Edmund Kugbila

@bigKUB_70

Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority-Vince Lombardi.
#Keeppounding #Panthernation

Identifying with us already. Seems he's done a little research if he knows the "keep pounding" motto.

#212 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,175 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

I just realized something: Kugbila is a Patriots type pick. They took Vollmer ahead of his predicted rounds, and he was a foreign import who was not invited to the combine. He was an after thought to their other picks, but became the best player of their class.

#213 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

I just realized something: Kugbila is a Patriots type pick. They took Vollmer ahead of his predicted rounds, and he was a foreign import who was not invited to the combine. He was an after thought to their other picks, but became the best player of their class.

All about talent evaluation. Dude could be a D3 player and if he has all the tools can be turned into a good NFL player.

#214 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

I keep warming up to this pick, wonder how long it is till he starts

#215 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,585 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

Here is why he was rated so low and picked so high. And why our pick is getting d's and f's from the national media.

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2013/4/28/4278480/2013-nfl-draft-carolina-panthers-draft-reaction

The sites that rate players often speak with scouts digging for information. I imagine they rarely speak with coaches.

This is a pure potential pick. The possibility to have an elite G in 4 years and the possibility to have depth this year.

Still think it is a baffling pick.

:/

#216 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,015 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

:/

:sword:

#217 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,381 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

People who think he's starting should get a grip, Hangartner may suck physically, but he has knowledge of the playbook and the terminology in our system. Hangartner will start again, and Cam ends up on IR.

#218 GolfRasta

GolfRasta

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • LocationPinehurst

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

and Cam ends up on IR.

I hope you die and eat poo

#219 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,292 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

People who think he's starting should get a grip, Hangartner may suck physically, but he has knowledge of the playbook and the terminology in our system. Hangartner will start again, and Cam ends up on IR.

I think this kid is better than you think he is, but i'll be surprised if we don't sign a decent guard before the season.

Chill out with the extremes.

#220 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,381 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

I hope you die and eat poo

For telling the truth? If Cam doesn't get the protection he needs, he's going to end up on IR or injured for a long period of games. Are we going to act like Cam didn't almost break his ankle the last game of the year? Or that he came up limping many times during the season?

#221 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,381 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

Kugbilla=Josh Norman 2013 for the huddle.

You all are truly delusional if you expect him to play good as a rookie from D2.

#222 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

It would not surprise me if he is not on the team in 3 years.

#223 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,292 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

It would not surprise me if he is not on the team in 3 years.

Someone needs a nappy nap.

#224 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Posted Image

Something on Kugbila to note (per NFLDraftScout):

He was of course the only guy from Valdosta State drafted and there were 19 teams represented at that pro day. I feel a lot of teams were interested in him, including one with one of the most respected o-line coaches in the league...

New England Patriots offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia put Kugbila through his pro day workout. Kugbila also had a workout with the Carolina Panthers. He has visits scheduled with the Chicago Bears and Kansas City Chiefs. Kugbila was born in Ghana and lived there until he was 10 years old. The last player drafted out of Valdosta State was linebacker Artie Ulmer, who was selected by the Minnesota Vikings in the seventh round of the 1997 NFL Draft. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

#225 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,175 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

Posted Image

Something on Kugbila to note (per NFLDraftScout):

He was of course the only guy from Valdosta State drafted and there were 19 teams represented at that pro day. I feel a lot of teams were interested in him, including one with one of the most respected o-line coaches in the league...

19 teams at a pro day for one draftable player is pretty good indication he was on more teams' radars than the media ever picked up on. I'll say it again, this reminds me very much of a Patriots-type pick. They were probably shocked to find him gone before their late round picks came up, as they aren't used to teams valuing linemen like they do.

People tend to forget one of the reasons Brady has been so successful is because he typically operates behind one of the best lines in all of football.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nfl draft, carolina panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.