Photo
- - - - -

With the 12th pick...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

Poll: Who do you choose with the 12 pick?? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you choose with the 12 pick??

1. Henderson (13 votes [40.62%])

Percentage of vote: 40.62%

2. T.Williams (12 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

3. Blair (6 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

4. Jennings (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Clark (1 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:29 AM

my pick
Posted Image

#2 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 34,003 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:36 AM

Can we trade our picks for the next 10 years plus $50 million and get LeBron? I'd buy season tickets then.

#3 eaton_branden1

eaton_branden1

Either play or get played

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:47 AM

T-Will

#4 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:08 PM

Is trading down an option?

#5 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

T-Will

#6 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,508 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:19 PM

I hope for the Cats sake they do not draft T-Will. The guy is a one way player, he can only play defense, why settle for a guy that can only play defense, when there are two guys still on the board in DeJuan Blair and Gerald Henderson that can play both ways. T-Will's offensive stats are horrendous. Either take Blair, Henderson or trade down with Philly: Samuel Dalembert, 17th pick for Nazr Mohammed, Vlad, 12th pick.

#7 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:30 PM

if we get Dalembert- i dont see the need to draft Blair with the 12th pick..
if we dont get Dalembert- Blair FTW!!!!

but i wouldnt be upset with Henderson or T-Will at 12.. i just think T-Will is a LB type of player.. high energy that can rebound and defend..

#8 eaton_branden1

eaton_branden1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:47 PM

I hope for the Cats sake they do not draft T-Will. The guy is a one way player, he can only play defense, why settle for a guy that can only play defense, when there are two guys still on the board in DeJuan Blair and Gerald Henderson that can play both ways. T-Will's offensive stats are horrendous. Either take Blair, Henderson or trade down with Philly: Samuel Dalembert, 17th pick for Nazr Mohammed, Vlad, 12th pick.

Williams a 1 way player have you watched him play? he brings more than outstanding D passing, rebounding & blocks to name a few he's a walking triple double. I like Hendo but offensively he has just as many question marks as Terrence both have suspect jumpers. I wouldn't even think about taking Blair unless he fell to the 2nd or we traded back into the first using our 2 2nd rounders. After the report on his knees made him sound like Sean McMay V2.

Edited by eaton_branden1, 18 June 2009 - 03:50 PM.

#9 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:50 PM

As the other guy said, T-Will is many things, but a 1 way player he is DEFINATELY not. Wow, some people on here know nothing about basketball.

#10 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,508 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:00 PM

As the other guy said, T-Will is many things, but a 1 way player he is DEFINATELY not. Wow, some people on here know nothing about basketball.

That would be you guys he T-Will is not a a triple-double caliber player, whoever thinks that is a dumbass, if you don't think he is a one way player than why does he only average 12 points per game, and he averages as many blocks as Gerald Henderson, yes he averages a good amount of assists per game, but that is not really what the Cats need they need another scorer, they have been in the bottom five in points ever since they came into the league. DeJuan Blair is a triple-double player, he is listed at PF but he has been working hard to lose weight and if he gets his wait down far enough, he can play SF. Blair is only one inch taller than T-Will. Yet he averages four more points than Williams, four more rebounds than williams, and one more block than Williams. Henderson averages more points than T-Will to. Wow, some people on here know nothing about basketball, you can not argue with that.

#11 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,508 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:02 PM

Williams a 1 way player have you watched him play? he brings more than outstanding D passing, rebounding & blocks to name a few he's a walking triple double. I like Hendo but offensively he has just as many question marks as Terrence both have suspect jumpers. I wouldn't even think about taking Blair unless he fell to the 2nd or we traded back into the first using our 2 2nd rounders. After the report on his knees made him sound like Sean McMay V2.

His knees were a problem 2 months ago, he has worked out and got his weight down, read the Bobcats website.

#12 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,508 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:05 PM

DeJuan Blair is a rebounding and blocking machine way better than T-Will

Edited by CarolinaPanthers8789, 18 June 2009 - 05:09 PM.

#13 eaton_branden1

eaton_branden1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:53 PM

His knees were a problem 2 months ago, he has worked out and got his weight down, read the Bobcats website.

Chad Ford reported otherwise a few weeks ago on ESPN Insider

On the downside, Pittsburgh's DeJuan Blair has to be bummed. Blair looked solid in the drills and really impressed teams with his weight loss and tone. He also measured short, but his wingspan, standing reach and his athletic abilities made up for much of it.

However, the news became much grimmer for Blair when the results of the medical testing came back. Multiple NBA teams are saying Blair's knees have been red-flagged. Blair tore both of his ACLs in high school, and the preliminary word from the physicals is that his knees aren't in great shape. How bad they are depends on who you talk to, but the range wasn't good. I heard everything from "devastating" to "troubling." Blair's agent, Happy Walters, doesn't feel words like "devastating" are accurate.

To much of a gamble

Edited by eaton_branden1, 18 June 2009 - 05:55 PM.

#14 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,508 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:55 PM

Chad Ford reported otherwise a few weeks ago on ESPN Insider

To much of a gamble

That's wierd on the Bobcats web site, he said his knees werent that big of a problem because he lost 36 lbs.

#15 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,508 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:02 PM

DeJuan Blair • 6-7 • 265 lbs. • Forward • Pittsburgh • Sophomore
DeJuan Blair Workout Video | Blair Prospect Profile

(On today’s workout)
This was a good workout. It was one of the best ones because I got a lot of learning out of it. Coach Brown is an excellent coach and I learned a lot today.

(On working out with five other players)
It helped a lot. Going against other physical players makes them better and it makes you better. I want to go against the best to be the best. That is what I think all my workouts have consisted of.

(On how losing weight has helped him)
It helped me a lot in a conditioning way and a healthy way. It helped me with my knees, I’m lighter, more explosive and quicker. It has helped me in a lot of ways, now it is all about maintaining it. I think I’ve been doing a good job on this little road trip I’ve had.

(On how much weight he has lost)
I’m 276 (pounds), so that is about 36 pounds (that I’ve lost). I am just eating right, staying in the weight room late, coming early and doing a lot of extra things to get my body right.

(On where he is expected to be drafted)
Somewhere from 10 to 20. That is the range of teams that I’ve been working out for.