• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:14 AM

Anyone else extremely worried about Shula and the O playcalling?

This guy pretty much sucked as an OC. Could it have been the players? Sure, but I doubt it, as ive seen many good OC come in and turn a bad O around.

I would have felt much better if we had signed the guy that was the HC in Oakland.

#2 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

TAKE IT IN THE POOPER FOR COOPER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

Yeah having Shula calling plays is going to suck ass.

Im still pissed we didn't get Hue Jackson

#3 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,227 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

The whole staff worries me.
Well HC and OC anyway.

This draft may get DC Sean McDermott a Head Coaching job sooner than later.

#4 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

With that defense even the worst OC can win games.
I am more worried by some fans on this forum, more and more the Charlotte Oberser unfamous forum btw..

#5 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,588 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

My biggest worry is Steve Smith going down for an extended time with an injury. Our #1 receiver is then Brandon Lefell and we probably start LaFell, Hixon, and Ginn. Let that sink in.

Second biggest worry is probably Shula and how he approaches the offensive play calling. I am hoping terminology stays the same and we run a traditional style offense with Cam under center and we utilize the run to set up the pass and play action.

Third, I hope Star and Short are pretty well developed already and adjust to the NFL quickly because if not...our secondary may get picked apart by some of the better offenses in the league. I think they will be fine, however.

#6 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

Cams protection. Not that we really could have addressed the tackle situation but its not a great situation.

#7 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:42 AM

OL

Cam got beat to poo last year. If he was a prototypical pocket passer with no ability to escape, I doubt he would've survived the season. I know we're getting Kalil back, but I'm still pretty worried about the right side. That 4th round OG may be good down the road, but I doubt he'll be ready to lay as a rookie. Bell is just a guy. If he's penciled in as a starter, you're still looking for a RT.

#8 Second_Solution

Second_Solution

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:50 AM

I think with Shula calling plays with have a greater chance of utilising our running backs and Greg Olsen. He could potentially be a positive rather than a negative.

#9 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

Gotta be the offensive line.

#10 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

My biggest worry is Steve Smith going down for an extended time with an injury. Our #1 receiver is then Brandon Lefell and we probably start LaFell, Hixon, and Ginn. Let that sink in.

Second biggest worry is probably Shula and how he approaches the offensive play calling. I am hoping terminology stays the same and we run a traditional style offense with Cam under center and we utilize the run to set up the pass and play action.

Third, I hope Star and Short are pretty well developed already and adjust to the NFL quickly because if not...our secondary may get picked apart by some of the better offenses in the league. I think they will be fine, however.

Not worried about our WRs with the addition of Hixon. Anyone that watched him play last year knows he is a stud when healthy. Now if Smith, Olsen, and Hixon go down with injury, then Ill be really worried.

I dont like this using the run to set up the pass talk. You have to attack the defenses weaknesses. How we suppose to set up the run when they are stacking the box out the gate? If they come out in run defense, hit them with the play action pass, if they come out soft defending the pass hit them with the run.

Dwan and Kearse played well last year. Even without Star and Short we will get a good pass rush.

#11 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

O-line. I think Gettleman was honest when he said that there were no major needs pre-draft, but having said that, who apart from Kugbila could even step up and be that other guard? Gettleman's approach to FA was to patch positional needs with mid-level FA's so we could draft BPA right? Well who's this guy we're supposed to fall back on? I'll be monitoring any movement at the position closely.

#12 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

O-line. I think Gettleman was honest when he said that there were no major needs pre-draft, but having said that, who apart from Kugbila could even step up and be that other guard? Gettleman's approach to FA was to patch positional needs with mid-level FA's so we could draft BPA right? Well who's this guy we're supposed to fall back on? I'll be monitoring any movement at the position closely.

That UDFA we signed has nice size and held his own against Floyd this past year.

#13 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

Im willing to bet money that Shula will put a more effective offense on the field than Chud. I feel like we will finally give Cam the running game he needs to win. We are literally copying NewYork

#14 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

Historically what ever we think it's the opposite. Just think of the past 2 years. With a new QB and no training camp everyone thought the offense was gonna suck and the D hopefully would carry us. The opposite happened. This year we thought the offense would explode and the defense would suck. Nope, the opposite. I suggest enjoying the ride.

#15 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

Good thing we got him some help on that side of the ball

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com