Photo
- - - - -

What are you looking for in Cam next year?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
106 replies to this topic

#97 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

There is no reason to defend Cam. You can recognize his faults without hating on him. You don't need to shift the blame to the other players. This thread is about what Cam needs to improve. The defense didn't fumble the ball on 3rd down, Cam did.

It doesn't matter what the defense did in the scope of this thread topic. This thread is about Cam's mistakes. Fumbling the ball was Cam's mistake. It is an entirely separate issue from the defense.

I don't see anyone shifting blame.

Hopefully this year with Shula Cam can be what he is supposed to be, a QB and not the entire offense.

#98 jdeans2010

jdeans2010

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

The fug is this. They aren't handing out Thanks for trying trophies.

The also don't hand out trophies for being a one man wrecking crew, this isn't the NBA and he can't do it alone is all Im saying.

#99 Manos

Manos

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

6k passing yards 60 passing tds 2.5k yards rushing with 35 rushing tds zero turnovers and 95% completion(no one can be perfect, wrs are going to drop some passes) 23-0 record (preseason is important) I would also like him to punch Peter King in the face at some point. So not really expecting all that much really...

Seriously though just want to see him to continue his progression from last year and to cement himself as a leader of the team.

#100 Catalyst

Catalyst

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

- More maturity, both on and off the field. This includes postgame pressers.
- Better precision passing.
- More consistent footwork.

#101 Thelt

Thelt

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:39 AM

Maybe I am just being a homer or maybe I am just stoked about Star falling to us but I am expecting a great season from both Cam and the team. Coming in to his third season I think he will be more consistent and more mature. The defense should be much better so close losses should turn into close wins.

#102 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

Accuracy on short/med throws

Quicker eyes...get the ball out quicker

More pre snap reads and audibles...I think Sshuka keys him do this

More calm on late 4th qtr drives

In short...to see the game continue to sluw down for him.

All things it takes a few seasons to develop.

#103 Panther4lyfe

Panther4lyfe

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

Only in that game bc of Cam. No excuse for us losing after we didn't get that yard. Not Cam's fault.

Problem is people want to claim it is Cam late. It is the fact the team around him can't do basics when he isn't on the field late.

Like I said, a QB can do X....and it is often what the D or ST does that determines if he gets to be viewed as clutch or not.

I'm not belaming it all on Cam, I'm just saying that he can take some fault in that loss too.

#104 Panther4lyfe

Panther4lyfe

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

We would have still won that game if Nakamura had made a play like a safety instead of a play like a staggering drunk.

Nice of you to note Cam's error which PRECEDED Nakamura's and ignore Nakamura's in order to conveniently blame it all on Cam.

Like I said I'm not completely belaming Cam for that loss, I'm just saying that he should also take a little belame for that game also. Trust I hate Nak just as bad or worse as the next person, I think that we should have gotten rid of him, but I was just stating that Cam has to take some belame for that loss.

Nak is a horrible safety!!!

#105 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Was listening to Colin Cowherd on the way to work this morning and he was talking about Aaron Rodgers and that he had the second best arm, after Cam Newton. I almost crashed with a hard on.

#106 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Accurcy, Accuracy. I'd like to see him at 65%

#107 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

Accurcy, Accuracy. I'd like to see him at 65%

Offensive scheme dictates what is a good completion %. 65% in our scheme isn't realistic iMO