Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NBA C Jason Collins Comes Out as First Active Gay Player

66 posts in this topic

Posted

Asante Samuel made some anti-gay remarks about Collins.

Someone should clue Asante in that Atlanta is in the top gayest cities by % in the country.

Posted

i thought Atlanta was the top AND bottom gayest city in America.....

1 person likes this

Posted

Did Meat take over pstall's account?

Posted

Let's quantify the persecution instead of conjecture.

How often does it happen in the media be tv or print? When it happens what % of christians retaliate thru boycotts or violence? What is the number of christians that move to other countries and envoke violence in the name of God?

Just for a sample size what % of christians feel comfortable enough to even mention God or church at soccer matches or work?

What % of companies have policies in place where if you forward an email with anything religious you can be fired? Not an email inviting someone to church but maybe a quote or an article?

Finally. What % of threads in the tinderbox are started with sole intent to bash or bully someone who is religious as opposed to someone religious starting threads bashing or bullying non believers? Is it 50/50 or leans heavily one way or the other?

Just curious how this all can be quantified.

It is rage against the MACHINE...not a small isolated part...THE MACHINE of religion in the US or the South is Christianity...sorry I have met two Jewish people in my life and was first introduced to Jewish people by Eddie Murphy in Delerious.

Zero Jews, Hindus, Muslems, Buddahists have told me I was going to burn in hell, hand me a pamphlet assuming I am not following Christ.

Religious quotes in an email scream unprofessional or can be a sole reason why someone will not do business with your company. This is not persecution this is just protecting a brand from political or religious affiliations in a litigious society.

Pray if you pray..quote the bible or love viewing Passion of the Christ do it from home or at a church.

Posted

you won't hear me going out of my way to defend those who call themselves christians. there is stark dif between saying you are and actually ya know, being one.

these are the ones that get all the face time in the media(westboro bapt anyone?) and seem to go into public office and are as far from being a christian as it gets.

this is why i keep banging the drum of go and focus on Jesus. not theology. not organized religion etc.

theology doesn't change a mans heart or make an impact the way trying to live a life the way Jesus did.

Posted

Good thing u can tell the difference between self proclaimed Christians and real Christians.

Let's stop calling Muslim terrorists Muslims since they aren't real Muslims.

Posted

im not calling all muslims terrorists. never have done that

Posted

Good thing u can tell the difference between self proclaimed Christians and real Christians.

Let's stop calling Muslim terrorists Muslims since they aren't real Muslims.

I've been saying the same thing for years, Cat. Help spread the word.

Posted

im not calling all muslims terrorists. never have done that

That wasn't my point. I'm saying if you get to decide who is the "real Christians" and not include christian terrorist as real Christians, or ass hole Christians as real christian,  then i hope you do the same for Muslims cause non terrorist Muslims don't think terrorist Muslims are real Muslims, they should be disregarded as well.

u follow?

Its the no true Scotsman fallacy. stop with it!

Posted

yes i get that. many muslims have gone on tv and more or less said what we are saying about not being true muslims or falling islam.

of course i would apply that to them as well.

Posted

explain the difference between actual christians and "so-called christians" because there are tons of different denominations and i'd like to know which one (1) is for "true christians"

Posted

Religions, denominations, etc., are all man made. Never will you see Jesus saying that Baptist, Methodists or Lutherans, etc is the correct path. As to the attitude that Christians should and should not adopt, see below:

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”