Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The player that the beefed up front could help the most...

78 posts in this topic

Posted

Multiple times. . . and tune in, cause its about to become a twice a year beatdown.

Smitty and Revis only been matched up once. And Revis had the better of Smitty holding him to 1 catch for 5yards and two ints. I Dno where you are getting your info from.

Im not looking forward to seeing that 89 vs Revis matchups this year if it even happen. Even with Cam instead of Jake this time around.

Posted

they could step up into the pocket last year.

This

Gettleman and Rivera have both mentioned that getting Star and Kawan will help the interior pass rush so that the QBs won't be able to step up into the pocket and instead get flushed over into the rush of Hardy and CJ

1 person likes this

Posted

Last years pass rush being good is a valid point.  But keep in mind that was mostly edge pressure.  QB can still step up into the pocket.  When the line has difficulty establishing the pocket consistently in drives is when you start to see that panic from the QBs.

Posted

You can always get faster!

Not by much.

You are either fast or you aren't.

Posted

This

Gettleman and Rivera have both mentioned that getting Star and Kawan will help the interior pass rush so that the QBs won't be able to step up into the pocket and instead get flushed over into the rush of Hardy and Charles

Amen dude. we know whats up

Posted

Think back on all that training camp hype Norman was getting as an unassuming rook.  I got my fingers crossed that he can find some of that success on the field given what, as it stands, is the golden opportunity for a second year 5th round draft pick.

ETA:  Unassuming is the wrong word..  but he had little expectation.

Posted

Smitty and Revis only been matched up once. And Revis had the better of Smitty holding him to 1 catch for 5yards and two ints. I Dno where you are getting your info from.

Im not looking forward to seeing that 89 vs Revis matchups this year if it even happen. Even with Cam instead of Jake this time around.

Smitty had him burnt badly several times in that game Jakes ineptitude is what kept him from having a monster game on revis.

Revis himself said after the game that smith was the hardest man he ever had to cover.

If not we can always just unleash Ted Ginn on him ;)

Posted

Smitty had him burnt badly several times in that game Jakes ineptitude is what kept him from having a monster game on revis.

Revis himself said after the game that smith was the hardest man he ever had to cover.

If not we can always just unleash Ted Ginn on him ;)

Lol. I love the Ted Ginn idea

Posted

Lol. I love the Ted Ginn idea

You see the video of when Ginn burned him by 5 yards for a TD when he was a dolphin?

Posted

Don't trash the kid this early. You might have to bite young tongue next time. Face it. The kid was a rookie last season. He played like a rookie but at times he played better than most rookies. Fans today wants "immediate" impact from their rookies and if they don't make the pro bowl, they're gonna cry about how bad he is. There is still time for Norman to succeed. He can be very good. Just give the kid time to develop and be comfortable. Please!

As far as I'm concerned the only people that should be biting their tongue are those of you hyping the kid up last year. Him getting benched pretty much solidified what I said all last year.

I think he has the potential to be good but he was awful last year. True most rookie dbs struggle but most don't get benched their rookie year. Add that to the fact that he got benched on a pretty weak secondary. Not good.

Posted

You see the video of when Ginn burned him by 5 yards for a TD when he was a dolphin?

Lol yup. Remember that game.

That may be what we have to do.

I think we need to get more creative with 89. If we have to hide him in the slot or off bubble screen like what the Falcons did with Roddy in the Divisional game vs Seattle to get him involve, we should. TB has a very good secondary on paper. We'll have to find other ways to get 89 in the game vs Wright or Banks. I'm not sure how good Revis can play in the slot. But we def need to try to get Revis on Ginn instead. It might be a better match up with Ginn's speed and a rehabbing Revis.

I think Ginn is going to be a fine receive for us.

Posted

Norman will suprise. Mark my words

Top 3 defense