Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TruthVsComfort

Five NFC teams that failed to fill needs (ATL & CAR included)

120 posts in this topic

He was the fourth WR picked in a weak pool yet you say he was worth trading up for? Yes, let's give up our first next year and second this year for the fourth best WR. Go back to playing Madden.

Also 2011 was considered a "strong" WR class-4 WRS taken in the first 44 picks.

2013 considered a "weak" class-5 WRs taken in the first 44 picks.

I still find it funny how snooty we are about WRs.  So and so is no AJ Green....2/10, would not bang.

Steve Smith, Mushin Muhamnad...weren't AJ Green.  Tons of starting stud #1's playing the game right now where drafted in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.  What does it matter if someone doesn't appear to be AJ Green or Megatron?  That isn't the only way to find great WRs to carry your WR corp.

1 person likes this

I still find it how snooty we are about WRs. So and so is no AJ Green....2/10, would not bang.

Steve Smith, Mushin Muhamad...weren't AJ Green. Tons of starting stud #1's playing the game right now where drafted in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. What does it matter if someone doesn't appear to be AJ Green or Megatron? That isn't the only way to find great WRs to carry your WR corp.

They don't get it man. You look at the last few Superbowl wins and I can show you Wrs making plays and none of those were AJ Greens or Julio Jones or Megatrons.

They don't get it man. You look at the last few Superbowl wins and I can show you Wrs making plays and none of those were AJ Greens or Julio Jones or Megatrons.

Exactly. Guys you can find on our roster now but do not try and pretend those WR were the reason they won. It starts and finishes on the line, the exact spot we focused on in this draft.

Exactly. Guys you can find on our roster now but do not try and pretend those WR were the reason they won. It starts and finishes on the line, the exact spot we focused on in this draft.

Did you see the giants first Super Bowl against the patriots? The line collapsed and he threw the ball up. Flacco threw the ball up multiple times to Boldin and Jacoby Jones made plays out of nothing. The problem is not how our WRs sit now the problem is that they are all in the last year or only year of their contracts.

God that 2011 draft had some gems. If we didn't need a QB (thanks Hurney) we could have snagged future PB #1 WR A.J Green or furture PB #1 WR Julio Jones.

Steve Smith wasn't A.J Green, and those later round 12' WRs weren't Steve Smith. Next draft we have to find Smith's replacement, or do something big in FA.

I made my post with no comment. Was curious as to what the reaction would be.

Yes, the Giants time and again dipped into the well to attempt to upgrade their WR talent.

My follow-up question is this: As the Giants were doing this, what was their level of talent on their OL and DL?

Boom!

Also 2011 was considered a "strong" WR class-4 WRS taken in the first 44 picks.

2013 considered a "weak" class-5 WRs taken in the first 44 picks.

Numbers don't mean poo. It's about talent and value. 2011 was much stronger, simply because of Julio and A.J. Green.

Torrey Smith, Randall Cobb. 2013 doesn't have recievers like that. Match them up before 2011 class played played a snap in the NFL. 2011 class was far superior talent wise.

I made my post with no comment. Was curious as to what the reaction would be.

Yes, the Giants time and again dipped into the well to attempt to upgrade their WR talent.

My follow-up question is this: As the Giants were doing this, what was their level of talent on their OL and DL?

but your point was not accurate. you claimed a WR had 46 catches in 6 years when in 09 with the giants he had over 100 catches. you also called Nicks a #2 WR, which again is not accurate.

Numbers don't mean poo. It's about talent and value. 2011 was much stronger, simply because of Julio and A.J. Green.

Torrey Smith, Randall Cobb. 2013 doesn't have recievers like that. Match them up before 2011 class played played a snap in the NFL. 2011 class was far superior talent wise.

people say this mind of thing  a lot, but how do you know this? how do we know that this class isn't as good as that one? who are those psychic experts capable of making those calls?

is it because we didn't draft one? 

meh....in before some pseudo-expert says it's obvious that this class is weak.

The article presents a true statement but the fact is that we had too many holes to fill through a single draft.  The plus is that it gave us the stronger option of going BPA no matter who from Gettle's perspective.  I'm not inferring we're bad, rather just a rising team that is patient and wants to maximize all talent possible.  A little too patient and conservative at times, but not detrimental or anything.  I like how we've been building and yes Cam does need a new weapon but we had a sh*t tone of holes to fill...and in a single draft...no matter the height of the need, Gettle was more about maximizing talent.  We're getting there...

Won't know that until Sundays