Photo
- - - - -

Pieces in place similar to SB champ Bucs?

Carolina Panthers NFL

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 CAPantherFan

CAPantherFan

California Dreamin'

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

Super slow NFL period here so here's a lame topic.  I was listening to Warren Sapp and was thinking that Warren and Derrick Brooks were the heart of that defense that won them a SB ring.  Perhaps we do too with Keek and Star?  Granted Star is a long way from being a Sapp but Keek isn't far from being a Brooks.  They won with Brad Johnson as their QB and I certainly would rate Cam over Johnson.  

Anyways we're a long way off from that Bucs team (or are we?) but perhaps Gettleman knows what he's doing in building a championship team after all...

#2 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

Kiffin is a HoF DC and that was a different time when they didn't enforce the 5 yard rule. 

#3 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

John Lynch - 9 Pro Bowler/2 Time All Pro, HOF semi-finalist in 2013

Rhonde Barber - 5 Time Pro Bowler/3 Time All Pro, will be up for HOF consideration

so yeah, we added Drayton Florence....I see the pieces coming together

#4 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWinston-Salem
HUDDLER

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

We'll have the best D in our division and likely by a lot.

#5 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

Jon Gruden > Mike Shula

#6 Louie

Louie

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

Rhonde Barber - 5 Time Pro Bowler/3 Time All Pro, will be up for HOF consideration

We can't upgrade everything in one year. 8+ years of drafting a bunch of linebackers and running backs high in the draft will cripple you. However, if we could get a couple more good defensive pieces this defense could be scary good. Perhaps, on par with Carolina's D with Pep, Ruck, Buck, and Jenkins or TB's SB Defense. I am usually opposed to bringing in big name veterans that want alot of money, but how much better would our secondary be for a couple years with Charles Woodson? Both for the actual production and the veteran leadership/teaching he could do with the young guys? Maybe that would help us actually compete for the divison title? it won't happen, but I can wish.

#7 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

Jon Gruden > Mike Shula

I haven't seen you on a kick like this since your McClain prediction.

Caldwell won a Superbowl in Indy.  He sucks.  Shula has one thing going for him....Cam Newton entering year 3.  He could be called a mad scientist and guru with decent odds this year.  Talent is a huge factor in coaching success...

#8 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaryland
HUDDLER

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

I haven't seen you on a kick like this since your McClain prediction.

Caldwell won a Superbowl in Indy. He sucks. Shula has one thing going for him....Cam Newton entering year 3. He be called a mad scientist and guru with decent odds this year. Talent is a huge factor in coaching success...

I don't rarely agree with your posts cause they're so negative but I agree having an amazing franchise qb whose been putting teams on his back since he's been playing is gonna make Shula look very good

#9 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

We can't upgrade everything in one year. 8+ years of drafting a bunch of linebackers and running backs high in the draft will cripple you. However, if we could get a couple more good defensive pieces this defense could be scary good. Perhaps, on par with Carolina's D with Pep, Ruck, Buck, and Jenkins or TB's SB Defense. I am usually opposed to bringing in big name veterans that want alot of money, but how much better would our secondary be for a couple years with Charles Woodson? Both for the actual production and the veteran leadership/teaching he could do with the young guys? Maybe that would help us actually compete for the divison title? it won't happen, but I can wish.

I didn't say we should...

But to say we are close to what that team was....that featured a HOFer or soon to be on every level of that D is a bit much.  Those are some BIG pieces.

#10 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, NFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users