#271 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Really? Did you watch those games? JMM scored 9 points the first game and had 15 points the second game. Also in that second game he had a whopping 3 rebounds. I will go out on a limb and say he did not dominate our post players last year. Not to mention JMM went 0-2 vs the Duke bigs last year.

I guess you could say he handled himself alright.

Me saying dominate was pretty much like you saying Cook is the best point guard in the league (relative, not necessarily totally incorrect, just a little off base).

#272 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Notice that I said down the stretch, that means ACC tournament and beyond.

Once again, you are comparing a frosh, to whatever Cook is.

#273 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

I guess you could say he handled himself alright.

Me saying dominate was pretty much like you saying Cook is the best point guard in the league (relative, not necessarily totally incorrect, just a little off base).

What?  Handling yourself alright is completely different from dominating.  

#274 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

Notice that I said down the stretch, that means ACC tournament and beyond.

Once again, you are comparing a frosh, to whatever Cook is.

Oh so down the stretch means ACC tourney and beyond, I gotcha. :rolleyes:   Cook was a sophomore.

#275 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Really?  Did you watch those games?  JMM scored 9 points the first game and had 15 points the second game.  Also in that second game he had a whopping 3 rebounds.  I will go out on a limb and say he did not dominate our post players last year.  Not to mention JMM went 0-2 vs the Duke bigs last year.

Not to mention about 4-6 points a game came from those open jumpers that we were begging him to shoot.  So if you really look at it, his "domination" resulted in around 16 post points over 2 games.  Truly dominant indeed.

#276 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

Not to mention about 4-6 points a game came from those open jumpers that we were begging him to shoot. So if you really look at it, his "domination" resulted in around 16 post points over 2 games. Truly dominant indeed.

When do you get to start taking away points because it was an open shot? I guess Sulaimon really only scored about 6 points because the rest of his shots were wide open... that sounds extremely intelligent.

#277 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

Come on Cook has the advantage over Paige and if McAdoo is your center he will get eaten alive.  He is way too soft to play center plus it's not his position.

I'm not convinced that Cook has the advantage over Paige.  Paige started out rocky but finished pretty well.

#278 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

When do you get to start taking away points because it was an open shot? I guess Sulaimon really only scored about 6 points because the rest of his shots were wide open... that sounds extremely intelligent.

Once again reading comprehension fails for a Carolina fan.  Your words:

Also you know as well as anyone that we won't with a true center and for being soft, McAdoo dominated your post players last year.

I did not say that the points did not count, now did I?  Given the statement of "post players" in your clearly uninformed comment, wide open jump shots should not factor in as "post play."

First of all, that statment is not even close to true.  Second, the fact that you specified "Post" players, means that he dominated them in the post, which clearly did not happen.  He scored 16 post points over 2 games, hardly a dominating performance.  Gratz to him for making wide open jumpers less than 50% of the time, hence the reason Duke left him wide open to shoot them over an over.

Lets check out the stat lines for who dominated who for those games now shall we?

McAdoo:

Game 1: 4-12 FG's   9 pts/8rbs/0blks

Game 2: 6-14 FG's   15pts/3rbs/0blks

Plumlee:

Game 1: 6-13 FG's   18pts/11rbs/1blk

Game 2: 10-15 FG's 23pts/13rbs/0blk

Its amazing how you used the word "dominated" for a guy who had 11 rebounds over 2 games against a team.  

Hey but good news, if you add both of McAdoo's games together, you will beat Plumlee's second game by 1 point, congratulations on having a truly dominant post player.

#279 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

Once again reading comprehension fails for a Carolina fan. Your words:

I did not say that the points did not count, now did I? Given the statement of "post players" in your clearly uninformed comment, wide open jump shots should not factor in as "post play."
First of all, that statment is not even close to true. Second, the fact that you specified "Post" players, means that he dominated them in the post, which clearly did not happen. He scored 16 post points over 2 games, hardly a dominating performance. Gratz to him for making wide open jumpers less than 50% of the time, hence the reason Duke left him wide open to shoot them over an over.

Lets check out the stat lines for who dominated who for those games now shall we?

McAdoo:
Game 1: 4-12 FG's 9 pts/8rbs/0blks
Game 2: 6-14 FG's 15pts/3rbs/0blks

Plumlee:
Game 1: 6-13 FG's 18pts/11rbs/1blk
Game 2: 10-15 FG's 23pts/13rbs/0blk

Its amazing how you used the word "dominated" for a guy who had 11 rebounds over 2 games against a team.

Hey but good news, if you add both of McAdoo's games together, you will beat Plumlee's second game by 1 point, congratulations on having a truly dominant post player.

You implied that McAdoo shouldn't have gotten those points because they were open shots, just count your losses and move on.

I already admitted I was wrong about McAdoo "dominating" so there is no need to try and vindicate your post by saying that I failed to read your post when we both know what you meant.

#280 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

You implied that McAdoo shouldn't have gotten those points because they were open shots, just count your losses and move on.

I already admitted I was wrong about McAdoo "dominating" so there is no need to try and vindicate your post by saying that I failed to read your post when we both know what you meant.

You still don't understand after I spelled it out for you, a Heels fan through and through.  Sorry, I expected you to have a higher level of thinking like I do.  Domination, as in "domination of your post players" are the exact same thing.  So to you, I quoted a post where you said something about his post play, then completely abandoned that train of thought?  Sorry bro, you must been reading too many of other Carolina fan's posts to remember follow a proper conversation.

#281 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

I guess you do have a higher level of thinking because at three in the morning, that post didn't make a lick of sense.

You might want to work on your writing techniques...

#282 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

It might just be me, I'll try to read it again when I'm somewhat coherent.

#283 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

Normally the biggest jump is from sophomore to junior year and I compare Cook alot to Nolan Smith for obvious reasons and Smith went from 8ppg his sophomore year to 17ppg his junior year.  That is why I have a hard time saying that it's a push between Cook and Paige.  Also the fact that I think Cook will be the best PG in the league next year.

I agree, which is why I expect much improvement from JMM...  We saw similar improvement from Reggie, and if Hairston shows similar Soph to Junior improvement, then those will be two team focal points, and dangerous ones at that...

#284 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

I agree, which is why I expect much improvement from JMM... We saw similar improvement from Reggie, and if Hairston shows similar Soph to Junior improvement, then those will be two team focal points, and dangerous ones at that...

But I think JMM and PJ already made that leap, JMM went from 6ppg to 14ppg and PJ went from 6ppg to 15ppg. Now I do think they will both have better numbers then last year but not the leap they had this past year. I mean they both more then doubled their output from the year before and that's not going to happen this year. Like I said though I do believe they will both be better this year.

#285 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

But I think JMM and PJ already made that leap, JMM went from 6ppg to 14ppg and PJ went from 6ppg to 15ppg. Now I do think they will both have better numbers then last year but not the leap they had this past year. I mean they both more then doubled their output from the year before and that's not going to happen this year. Like I said though I do believe they will both be better this year.

I don't believe there will be another spike in their scoring averages, like the ones you point out from Frosh to Soph, but I believe there will be improvements in other areas of their games...  More efficiency and more comfort with the offense/defense, as well as more cohesion between them and their team mates, specifically Paige (let's face it, the real cog in the Carolina machine is how Paige performs)...

If the trio of Paige / Hairston / JMM can improve on their level of efficiency at both ends of the court, the rest will take care of itself...  I believe there is adequate talent on the roster to fill the remaining floor spots with competent players...

Let's not underestimate the talent on the UNC bench...  There are some excellent players there, particularly if they see the logical expected progression in their games you typically see from one season to the next among players at the college level...

For the incoming class, I think Hicks fits well into the Carolina scheme, and I believe many underestimate the impact Britt will have on the team, even in a backup PG role...  Simply giving Paige a rest and taking some of the pressure off of him will be noticeable...  Meeks will be a nice player for the Heels, but surely isn't being counted on to be an impact player this coming season...

Ultimately, I believe this team starts out as a top 15-20 team, with the potential to be a top 5-8 club as the season progresses...  I'd anticipate a top 3 finish in the ACC (anything is possible in the rivalry matchups in conference and tourney play, so any of the big 3 Duke, UNC or Syracuse could win it all), and a seed in the tourney in the 3-4 range...  I EXPECT them to reach at least the Sweet 16 (anything less I would be disappointed with, of course)...  With some breaks (like most schools), they could make a run at a NC, but won't be favorites to do so next season...  That talk will center on Kentucky and Kansas this year, because of their recruiting classes...  Kentucky because of their 315 McD's All Americans they have coming in, and Kansas because of the anointed one...  The focus of the 'talk' and 'expectations' from the experts will be on those clubs to begin the season...  Moreso than on Duke or UNC, at least to begin with...  So the added pressure of the spotlight shouldn't be as rough as it has been in some years, at least for UNC...

So, basically, to summarize, I expect significant improvement from a handful of our players...  I expect a deep and talented bench...  I expect a top 3 ACC finish...  And I expect to be ranked anywhere from 5-15 by season's end, to be a 3-4 seed in the tourney, and reach the Sweet 16...  To me, anything less is a disappointment, and anything more is a bonus...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.