Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Getltleman and our new players

23 posts in this topic

Posted

First I want to say what a pleasure it is listening to Gettleman talk about the Panther and the players that he is in charge of obtaining for this team. You see his passion and his belief in his goals for this team. Far better than Hurney. Hurney was boring and rarely gave me the excitement for our team the way Gettleman does.

All GM's use Athletic when describing a player. One word though he used that really makes me believe that we will rarely flop on a player and that is Instinctive. He talked about teaching and coaching going a long way but if you didn't have the instinct then we were wasting our time.

That said, I am confident that all the players we are bringing in whether Draft, Free Agency or UDFA are instinctive players. This puts the pressure on the Coaching staff to bring out the best in our players.

Has anyone else picked up on this. He is going to take us to the top. Maybe not in 2013 or 2014 but very soon,

3 people like this

Posted

Pie before the Huddle trolls derail thread. :)

Posted

I get the same feeling, just because I trust Gettleman with 30+ years experience over bitchy Huddlers with youtube clips.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hooray for optimism in this dark dungeon of piss and vinegar!!!!

Posted

He sounds like a man who is confident and knows his poo.

Hurney didn't sound confident, and that's half the battle.

Looks like he's giving Rivera the reach around before the jousting if necessary; I like the professionalism.

Posted

I get the same feeling, just because I trust Gettleman with 30+ years experience over bitchy Huddlers with youtube clips.

But... every good Huddler knows watching a player for 3 minutes on youtube is a great way to evaluate talent

Posted

The GM isn't going to take the team to the top .... he is just providing the tools........... The  only way where going to top is by the players and the coaches  ...unlike a lot of ppl on this board i have full faith in our Coaches especially Rivera and Shula. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Evaluate him in 5 years.

But we are a playoff team this year and I will be disappointedif we don't get there.

Another losing year will be toxic for this franchise.

Posted

The draft is officially the start of optimism season. The wtfs, turns into what ifs. And history has shown, once you go what if, you never go back.

Posted

Evaluate him in 5 years.

But we are a playoff team this year and I will be disappointedif we don't get there.

Another losing year will be toxic for this franchise.

agreed. another losing season and no change to the coaching staff and i guarantee this team will lose a lot of fans and support and will essentially be sealing their future as a team who just doesn't have what it takes to put together a winner.

and for those who would be glad to have fake fans leave their losing team's fanbase I'll only laugh and shake my head that you would see losing as a good thing so that only "real fans" would be there. its hilarious that people would ever be fine with being a fan of  a perennial loser.

give me a winning team with a million bandwagon fans over a losing team with just a handful of loyal fans any day.  i just hope the panthers get their act together soon cause i don't know how much longer i can put up with this poo.

2 people like this

Posted

All GM's use Athletic when describing a player. One word though he used that really makes me believe that we will rarely flop on a player and that is Instinctive.

I thought you were going to say Hog Mollie

Posted

First I want to say what a pleasure it is listening to Gettleman talk about the Panther and the players that he is in charge of obtaining for this team. You see his passion and his belief in his goals for this team. Far better than Hurney. Hurney was boring and rarely gave me the excitement for our team the way Gettleman does.

All GM's use Athletic when describing a player. One word though he used that really makes me believe that we will rarely flop on a player and that is Instinctive. He talked about teaching and coaching going a long way but if you didn't have the instinct then we were wasting our time.

That said, I am confident that all the players we are bringing in whether Draft, Free Agency or UDFA are instinctive players. This puts the pressure on the Coaching staff to bring out the best in our players.

Has anyone else picked up on this. He is going to take us to the top. Maybe not in 2013 or 2014 but very soon,

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

I like the thought of instincts in a player. They can see a play quicker. Can read cues. And are usually coachable because they can relate to what they are being taught.

Haven't really heard much on this. Thanks for bringing it up. Yet another reason to get behind Gettlemen.