Photo
- - - - -

Cleveland police: Missing teens Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus found alive, appear to be OK

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,935 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Holy poo. Missing 10 years and found!

http://www.newsnet5....alive?hpt=hp_t2

CLEVELAND - Cleveland police said missing teens Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and a third woman were found in a west side house on Monday.

Hundreds of people gathered in the streets near 2207 Seymour Avenue in Cleveland, where the women were discovered. Cleveland police said Berry, DeJesus and Michelle Knight are alive, talking and appear to be OK.

“I heard screaming… And I see this girl going nuts trying to get outside,” said Charles, a neighbor would found the women. “I go on the porch and she said ‘Help me get out. I’ve been here a long time.’ I figure it was domestic violence dispute."

“She comes out with a little girl and says ‘Call 911, my name is Amanda Berry’… When she told me, it didn’t register.” He said he made the call and gave Berry the phone. When police arrived, officers asked him if he knew who he rescued.

A witness who spoke Spanish told NewsChannel5's Stephanie Ramirez that he helped break down the door. He said there was a child who was about 4 or 5 years old with Berry, as well as other children inside the house. He said he recognized Berry from posters.

Officers have a suspect in custody. There will be a media briefing Tuesday morning.

Berry was last seen in 2003 when she was called her sister to say she was getting a ride home from work at the Burger King on West 110th Street and Lorain Avenue. She was set to turn 17 the day after her disappearance. Her mother died of heart failure in 2006.

On April 2, 2004, 14-year-old DeJesus went missing while walking home from Wilbur Wright Middle School. She was last seen around West 105 Street and Lorain Avenue. Her mother, Nancy Ruiz, said she believed DeJesus was sold into human trafficking.

“I always said it from the beginning; she was sold to the highest bidder,” Ruiz said in April 2012.

The remaining families of both women went to MetroHealth Medical Center, where they will be reunited. FBI agents were also at the hospital Monday night as family and friends flocked to see the women.

"I am thankful that Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight have been found alive. We have many unanswered questions regarding this case and the investigation will be ongoing. Again, I am thankful that these three young ladies are found and alive," Mayor Frank Jackson said.

Last summer, there was a break in Berry case that turned out to be an inmate’s hoax. Robert Wolford, 26, told authorities that Berry’s body was in a vacant lot in Cleveland. Police searched at West 30th Street and Wade Avenue in July with backhoes, but nothing was found. Wolford was sentenced to four and half years in prison after pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice, making a false report and making a false alarm.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5....2#ixzz2SYs7Zk4A

#2 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,457 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

Wow!!!!

And a great ending for the girls and their families.

It will take a long time and a lot of therapy for them to get back with their lives.....but being found alive is the most important thing.

#3 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

Nice to see positivity in the news for a change. Hope those girls find the best in life from here on out. And to the neighbor who wasn't afraid to do the right thing, I hope enjoys being a hero. he deserves it.

#4 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

#5 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

Good dude

#6 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

dude owns

#7 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,485 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

Mcdonalds should give that guy some free stuff. 

#8 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Kudos to Ramsey for kicking the door in. Dude should get a sizeable reward, even if they need to do a tv show to raise if for him. This kind of attitude and bravery should be rewarded.

#9 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,677 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

haha awesome interview

#10 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

Police will have some "splaining" to do over this one.

But neighbors and police sources were hinting at a life of horror for the women at the hands of captors for almost 10 years.

Elsie Cintron, who lives three houses away, said her daughter once saw a naked woman crawling on her hands and knees in the backyard several years ago and called police. "But they didn't take it seriously," she said.

Another neighbor, Israel Lugo, said he heard pounding on some of the doors of Castro's house, which had plastic bags on the windows, in November 2011. Lugo said officers knocked on the front door, but no one answered. "They walked to the side of the house and then left," he said.

Neighbors also said they would sometimes see Ariel Castro walking a little girl to a neighborhood playground. And Cintron said she once saw a little girl looking out of the house's attic window.

Israel Lugo said he, his family and neighbors called police three times between 2011 and 2012 after seeing disturbing things at the home of Ariel Castro. Lugo lives two houses down from Castro and grew suspicious after neighbors reported seeing naked women on leashes crawling on all fours behind Castro's house.

Lugo said about two years ago his sister told him she heard a woman pounding on a window at Castro's home as if she needed help. When his sister looked up, she saw a woman and a baby standing in a window half covered with a wooden plank. His sister told him and Lugo called the police.

Later, Lugo's mother called the police because Ariel Castro would park his school bus in front of their home and bring bags full of McDonald's and drinks into his home. They wondered why he needed so much food. Police again responded but didn't enter the home.

A third call came from neighborhood women who lived in an apartment building. Those women told Lugo they called police because they saw three young girls crawling on all fours naked with dog leashes around their necks. Three men were controlling them in the backyard. The women told Lugo they waited two hours but police never responded to the calls.

"I thought something was wrong because I got bad vibes from him," Lugo, 39, a subcontractor, said. "I didn't want to accuse someone falsely."

This past Sunday, Lugo said he saw Ariel Castro at a nearby park with the girl who now officials think is Berry's daughter.

When Lugo asked Castro whose daughter she was, Castro said that she was his girlfriend's daughter.

#11 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

Here's another interview from Charles Ramsey...

What Charles have done is amazing.  And not to condemn the police, but it does seem they didn't take seriously the things they were informed of the neighbors.  I mean if you have someone call in, saying this house had naked women crawling around on a leash, that should be enough to investigate this place closely.  This man is definitely a hero.  Yet as one of the cousins of the suspects reported, the true heros are the three women who survived in this place for ten years.  That's why I love Ramsey's comment about giving the reward money to them.

#12 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

9-1-1 Emergency, please stare your - ohhhh you're poor. Hold on, let me transfer you.

#13 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,147 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

Three women held captive in a dungeon for a decade gave birth to five babies during the ordeal.

One of the victims suffered as many as three miscarriages because she was so malnourished.

Reports also told how the women were beaten so badly they lost other babies. 

Police were today seen examining dug up areas in the back garden.

http://www.mirror.co...6#ixzz2ShxEjXPz 

I wish they had the death penalty for this type of crime.

#14 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

Desperate for any clue as to Amanda Berry’s whereabouts, and tired of unanswered questions from authorities, Miller turned to a psychic on Montel Williams’ nationally syndicated television show.

The psychic said what the FBI, police and Miller hadn’t.

“She’s not alive, honey,” Sylvia Browne told her matter-of-factly. “Your daughter’s not the kind who wouldn’t call.”

With those blunt words, Browne persuaded Miller to accept a grim probability that has become more likely with each passing day.

Miller went back to the West Side home where she had been keeping Amanda’s things in careful order and cleaned up. She gave away her daughter’s computer and took down her pictures. “I’m not even buying my baby a Christmas present this year,” she said.

Miller said she returned devastated from the show, taped this month in New York.

“I lost it,” she said.

http://www.cleveland..._psychic_t.html

Miller died a couple of years later, believing her daughter dead.

So yeah, this psychic can rot in hell too.

#15 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

See, here is where Obama is missing the boat.

I think he could take a page out of Reagans playbook.

He should bring Ramsey to DC, introduce him in the Rose Garden and make sure that our country knows what he did and how he selflessly helped his fellow man. This is the kind of things that lifts a country. Hope he does something for the guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com