Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DeAngelo Willams Needs To Be Cut ASAP.

59 posts in this topic

Posted

Stupid level

This guy > Titus Young

Impossible to be dumber than Titus Young

Posted

This is wrong. There have been a million different threads with great and informed posters who did all of the math within the rules. We gain 5 million in cap space by cutting him this year.

Sorry, tell it to sportstrac.   I simply read the numbers following the line marked "2013".  And read a few articles about we need to trade and not cut because of the cap implications.

Posted

Sorry, tell it to sportstrac.   I simply read the numbers following the line marked "2013".  And read a few articles about we need to trade and not cut because of the cap implications.

if he is cut after june 1, the panthers are only on the hook for half of his cap space this season...freeing up 4-5 million in cap space to use.

Posted

This is wrong. There have been a million different threads with great and informed posters who did all of the math within the rules. We gain 5 million in cap space by cutting him this year.

While the other dudes number is off 5 million is incorrect as well.

The most savings would be 3.4 million and carrying over 4.8million in dead money next year.

We shave the 8.2 cap hit but then absorb half of the 9.6 million left in unamortized signing bonus this year and the other half next year if done as June 1st cut.

8.2 million - 4.8 million =3.4 million savings.

Posted

I think it makes much more sense to pay DWill for the 2013 season, then cut him in 2014 when it frees up 9.2 million in cap space.

Otherwise, you are cutting him, paying his bonus, paying his bonus next season, then being rid of dead money.

You pay him what he's owed and let him play for a year, or you cut him and pay him anyway. From the contract numbers I looked at we have paid him 16 million already in the first 2 years, 21 million guaranteed, the signing bonus of this year and next year adds up to his guaranteed money.

I for one would just pay the guy this year, then cut him in 2014 and move on. He will be 31, and there is no dead money in 2014

Posted

he not even that good of a RB(very overrated imo) and on top of that he Old,and eats up too much of our cap so I say dump his ass.

Another Thing We Have Stewart,Barner,and Poole so we don't need Old Washed up Willams eating up our cap anymore so Cut his ass and use the money to sign Charles Woodson.

we need ti cut you ASAP.

Others with intelligence will be able to live longer without you wasting our air.

Posted

If everyone would ignore bad threads they would quickly be at the bottom of the page.

Nah, thats just silly talk.

i want to see if paige pies ^^^this^^^ post.

Posted

Play nice with Paige. He/she is doing the best he/she can. We should embrace all Panther fans. Even the less fortunate.

Posted

If everyone would ignore bad threads they would quickly be at the bottom of the page.

Nah, thats just silly talk.

people always look at car wrecks etc. its human nature.

Posted

Now, you need to shut up. I'm sorry

Posted

i want to see if paige pies ^^^this^^^ post.

It's clearly an alt. I mean a female here of all places that loves to create bad threads, really?

1 person likes this

Posted

This guy needs the banhammer badly.