#76 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

I agree, it wasn't his fault we drafted him as high as we did. He did seem to give it his all, though, and I never heard anything bad about his work ethic.

I guess he just wasn't meant to be a WR. It is unfortunate, because he made some nasty plays in college. Just didn't translate to the NFL.

#77 Strawman

Strawman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationKissimmee FL

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

A WR needs to be either fast, physical, or both. AE is neither.

#78 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Panther fans prefer their scrubs to be obnoxious and cocky like Josh Norman. It seriously blinds them to horribly sucky play.

#79 Jump Zone

Jump Zone

Formerly FelineFANatic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

For those of you looking on the wires for Armanti's name, its not going to happen.

Edwards is a great camp player. He is always on time, pays attention, gives all he has got. They need guys like him so that they have enough WRs to conduct a full camp and evaluate QBs and DBs. AE has the respect of all the players and coaches.

I don't believe he will make the team this year. Look for him to be one of the last cuts made in August.

If he can't earn it at camp, then he gets cut; I wouldn't count him out though.

#80 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

You know what's more shocking? Another terrible thread.

#81 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

Ginn is a lock....just b/c of special teams. I think Adams is as well.

Pilares, Gettis, Edwards....IMO are get chopped.

Haha Adams is a lock BC of what? You guys are fuging morons.

#82 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

I think this is the year he steps up and fixes our safety problem.

What like security guard?

#83 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

Panther fans prefer their scrubs to be obnoxious and cocky like Josh Norman. It seriously blinds them to horribly sucky play.

Instead of just plain sucky play?

#84 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,971 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

what ever happened to AEs Mike Tyson tattoo?

#85 pantherfan82

pantherfan82

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationNORTH CAROLINA

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

I kept hoping he would get it together but I've gave up on him. It doesnt matter to me if hes a good guy or not. The Golden Calf of Bristol is a "good guy" but cant play qb worth a poo.

#86 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,739 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

You know what's more shocking? Another terrible thread.

Please continue hiding in your hole.

#87 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Like I said, lets say they keep 6.

Smith
LaFell
Ginn
Hixon

Who are the other two?

#88 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

what ever happened to AEs Mike Tyson tattoo?

Painted on for his daughters bday party

#89 O-Ther

O-Ther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationMCO

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

Smith
LaFell
Ginn
Hixon

Who are the other two?

If you're a tldr, skip this post.

Gettleman has proven he's a fiscal hard-liner with the vets this off-season, and has gotten their attention. Now he needs to get the attention of the recent draft picks.

He's just cut Zach Williams, leaving Cam, Fua, and Pilares from the 2011 draft class.

From the 2010 draft class, Clausen (2nd round), LaFell (3rd), AE (3rd), Gettis (6th), and Kraken (6th) are left.

Last year's class has Luke, OG Silatolu, DE Alexander, WR-PR Adams, CB Norman, P Nortman, and S Campbell.

From the 2009 draft class, only Sherrod Martin and Captain Munnerlyn were left. He let Sherrod walk and played hardball with Captain.

Why does this matter? Gettleman didn't draft ANY of them. He has no ties to that past. For now, concentrate on the WRs.

Smith is a known quantity league-wide. Hixon and Ginn were brought in by our new pro personnel scouting GM. So Lafell, AE, Pilares, Gettis, and Adams should be sweating more. Yes, even LaFell. I'm sure Gettleman had in mind that Hixon has good size to compete for the #2. So let's evaluate the position.

LaFell and Hixon=fight for #2, loser becomes #3 both have good size

Ginn=possible #3 or #4 has deep speed and height, but questionable hands, good on S/T

AE=um, not tall and gets caught from behind by a punter. not a good combo

Pilares=possible #4, has showed small improvement as WR, has a K/R TD, not the fastest tho

Adams=Steve Smith's clone needs to improve P/R to see more playing time, but Ginn/Barner may steal that job 

Gettis=wildcard, could be a #1 #2, #3, or #4 taller and faster than LaFell, but will he grab last chance with new regime?,

Bryant=another wildcard, but has more eligibility for practice squad

If I was Gettleman, I'd keep Smith, LaFell, and Hixon barring injuries. No brainers.

Ginn and Gettis can threaten the top of the defense with their speed, so they have a leg up on the others. Can't coach speed.

They could be gone, however, if Barner takes Ginn's S/T roles or Gettis blows his last chance. It's tough, tho, for a GM that wants playmakers to cut big guys that can run fast.....

So AE, Pilares, Adams, and Bryant are left. Bryant has eligibility for the practice squad, so he'll probably end up back there. Sorry AE, this is a production based business, and you haven't shown the potential to produce.

So Pilares and Adams will be fighting for the last spot in a 6-man group. Flip a coin. I can't call that, but I suspect Pilares would bring more to the table as a route runner. So we would cut 2012 4th rounder Adams. Hey, Gettleman didn't draft him and we cut a 3rd rounder last year in DT McClain. 2nd round RB Eric Shelton only lasted a year, too, right?

#90 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

Smith
LaFell
Ginn
Hixon

Who are the other two?

Joe Adams because he hasn't had a shot to grow like AE and Getts talks well of him
The 6th is just all up to who shines. I like gettis but don't like his slow recovery

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Training Camp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.