68 replies to this topic

#31 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

Also as to to the LT debate. Lets play a game. Name the LT AND what round they were drafted for said SB teams/QB.

Peyton- IND

Rodgers- GB

Brees-NO

Big Ben - Pit

Brady- NE

#32 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

Wow you got me buddy!!! Sorry for being in a hurry & not checking what I wrote. I happen to know his name, but thanks for thinking you got me he did play for UNC. Anything elsooo you want to corrreecctt oh my bad would you look their. Save your crap & move on.

#33 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

Also as to to the LT debate. Lets play a game. Name the LT AND what round they were drafted for said SB teams/QB.

Peyton- IND

Rodgers- GB

Brees-NO

Big Ben - Pit

Brady- NE

Valid point, but you are naming 5 of the best QB to ever touch the field with 4 of them having very quick releases. If you want to play that count how many Tackles are starting on teams drafted in the 1st round. Point still showing how important they are not to mention my point about LT being the 2nd highest paid position on the field cannot get discredited. I feel your point still their will always be exceptions to everything you do or when talking about sports at least. Look I agree a WR is a big need, but first lets see how we look this year with what we got. I simply saying Gross is up in age minds well draft his air apparent in what is a deep & very good class which is why I expect us to draft 2 Tackles next year. I did say I think we will draft a WR next year just feel LT is much more important moving forward. WR is another position we could easily look to FA if we still have money.

#34 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

Sevy, quit using your fugnn ALT acct !

We all know you aint no newbie.

#35 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

Only been on this forum for about 5 days. Thats pretty new. Only forum I post on is Keeping it Heel.

#36 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,554 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

Here's Walter's updated mock draft

Round 1
Carolina Panthers: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
How much longer are the Panthers going to rely on Brandon LaFell as a starting receiver? They need more explosion on offense; not to mention a No. 1 receiver after Steve Smith retires.

Pick change; previously Aaron Colvin, CB

Round 2
Carolina Panthers: Quandre Diggs, CB, Texas

The Panthers went back-to-back defensive tackles this past April, so they could definitely do the same thing at the cornerback position (if they go with a corner in the first round) considering the circumstances.

And since I know some of you want Matthews...

Round 1 (22)
Baltimore Ravens: Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
It should be quite apparent that the Ravens desperately need help at receiver after what happened in the opener. Neither Jacoby Jones nor Marlon Brown should be a No. 2 wideout in the NFL. Think Baltimore misses Anquan Boldin?

#37 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

Here's Walter's updated mock draft

Round 1
Carolina Panthers: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
How much longer are the Panthers going to rely on Brandon LaFell as a starting receiver? They need more explosion on offense; not to mention a No. 1 receiver after Steve Smith retires.

Pick change; previously Aaron Colvin, CB

Round 2
Carolina Panthers: Quandre Diggs, CB, Texas

The Panthers went back-to-back defensive tackles this past April, so they could definitely do the same thing at the cornerback position (if they go with a corner in the first round) considering the circumstances.

And since I know some of you want Matthews...

Round 1 (22)
Baltimore Ravens: Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
It should be quite apparent that the Ravens desperately need help at receiver after what happened in the opener. Neither Jacoby Jones nor Marlon Brown should be a No. 2 wideout in the NFL. Think Baltimore misses Anquan Boldin?

I'd love to have Watkins but I hope we're not in a position to draft him that high.

We have so much needs that I'm not sure what we're going to do in next year draft.

#38 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

Trenches, trenches.

We did DLine last time, and now we do the O

#39 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

I'd love to have Watkins but I hope we're not in a position to draft him that high.

We have so much needs that I'm not sure what we're going to do in next year draft.

I know, I feel the same way. Getting Watkins would be awesome but I'd hate to have to sit through another crappy season. However if they lose to Buffalo this week, there's no doubt in my mind we'll be in position to get Watkins.

Yeah Gettleman is going to have to address some of these needs through FA. There's just too many holes and not enough picks. But it's seriously time we address the WR position.

#40 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,475 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

I'd be depressed if we passed on Watkins.

I need to wait and see how Watkins plays this year before I could say I would be mad if we passed on him.

If he is back to the Watkins of 2 years ago....would NOT want to pass on him.

But, he really faded last season.  Is he a one year wonder, or was last season the anomily.

#41 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

I'd like to see us address WR through free agency; that way we will know what we are going to get. 

Get a solid WR through FA and draft either Oline or secondary help.

We all know Getts loves the hogmollies.

#42 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:55 AM

I'd like to see us address WR through free agency; that way we will know what we are going to get.

Get a solid WR through FA and draft either Oline or secondary help.

We all know Getts loves the hogmollies.

If Nicks can stay healthy for all 16 games this year I'd be ok with signing him and drafting either OL or CB. I think Nicks would be a good fit with Cam. But if Nicks is missing some games this year due to injury I rather take a chance on a reciever in the draft.

#43 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

I need to wait and see how Watkins plays this year before I could say I would be mad if we passed on him.

If he is back to the Watkins of 2 years ago....would NOT want to pass on him.

But, he really faded last season.  Is he a one year wonder, or was last season the anomily.

he was injured last season. judging by his performance in game 1 he looks to be back to form.

#44 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

Here's Walter's October 16th Mock Draft for us.

1) Carolina Panthers: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson

How much longer are the Panthers going to rely on Brandon LaFell as a starting receiver? They need more explosion on offense; not to mention a No. 1 receiver after Steve Smith retires. Cam Newton has had his ups and downs this season, so Carolina needs to give him more weapons.

Round 2... Yep... Another Running Back!

2) Carolina Panthers: De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon

Cam Newton is an inconsistent passer. He could really benefit from a potent, pass-catching weapon coming out of the backfield.

3) Carolina Panthers: Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech

The Panthers went back-to-back defensive tackles this past April, so they could definitely do the same thing at the cornerback position (if they go with a corner in the first two rounds) considering the circumstances.

Pick change; previously Rashaad Reynolds, CB

#45 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,651 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

He's stupid and should feel bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com