Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Takeo Spikes says Woodson could win us 3 games

67 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Oh yeah, I was going to mention Norman as well but figured I'd just stick with Naka since he was the one who actually attempted to make a move on the ball.

But yeah like you said... no excuses for how far off the ball Norman was.  Even worse it looks like he's kind of got a lackadaisical jog going on in that gif like he isn't even attempting to catch back up with White.

Norman was beaten by almost 10 yards on that play.

He was the main reason....Nak just could not get there over the top.

Posted · Report post

Norman went for the double move. One could argue thats an ok  risk to take because he knew he had help from Nak deep.

Valid point.

But, there is a difference in biting on the double move.....and swallowing the the move hook, line, and sinker.

Norman was flat out juked and abused on that play.

Hope the benching late in the season wakes that boy up.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Norman went for the double move. One could argue thats an ok  risk to take because he knew he had help from Nak deep.

Yea but he should have known that Nak sucks.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Valid point.

But, there is a difference in biting on the double move.....and swallowing the the move hook, line, and sinker.

Norman was flat out juked and abused on that play.

Hope the benching late in the season wakes that boy up.

Sure, it was the wrong decision. Happens all the time to every corner in the league. Hell, even AE benefited from it last year. We would not even be discussing it now if Nak had made the routine play he should have.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I realize people love to hate Nakamura and make excuses for Norman but Norman got embarrassed on that play. Nakamura was at least there to make a reasonable play on the ball. Roddy White is simply much better than either of them.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Sure, it was the wrong decision. Happens all the time to every corner in the league. Hell, even AE benefited from it last year. We would not even be discussing it now if Nak had made the routine play he should have.

LOL....the Norman excuses are unreal.

Posted · Report post

Well, those wrong decisions were frequent enough and bad enough to get his ass benched

He was terrible on that play.....plain and simple.

Posted · Report post

That assumes at 37 he would be the starter.  That is not assured at all.  He only started 7 games for the Packers last year.

I think Woodson would be better than Naka if he was 50 years old

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

LOL....the Norman excuses are unreal.

Can you be more dramatic?

Yep, Norman made a rookie mistake in his 4th game against a pro bowl WR.

I am much more willing to forgive that than a 4 year vet safety unable to make a routine play.

6 people like this

Posted · Report post

Is Leon Sandcastle still available?

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Agreed.  We NEED to get him in here.  Just imagine all the insight he could provide to all of our young guys in the secondary, let alone what he could provide on the field.

Posted · Report post

Watching that in person is one of the worst memories I have as a Panthers fan....and there are plenty to choose from.  

1 person likes this