Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Takeo Spikes says Woodson could win us 3 games

67 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So if we went after Woodson, are we saying Woodson at FS and Godfrey at SS? I thought Getts and Rivera firmly said Godfrey was playing FS this year.

Posted · Report post

The funny thing about Godfrey is that he still sucks, he is just the least of the terrible S's that we employ.

Posted · Report post

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet23s
Charles Woodson update, via agent Carl Poston. He plans on visiting #Raiders on Tuesday. He received an offer from #Broncos, is still open

if we have to compete for him then the panthers won't get him, as usual

Posted · Report post

Norman and Nak both fug'd up. Nak should be working at bojangles after final cuts are made this year. After that play I honestly would have been happy if pickles or JR started at safety the next game. It looks like right when Nak was about to make a play his pants fell down.

Posted · Report post

Im gonna play devils advocate and say that Woodson wouldn't be all that much help. Who's to say that he would have made the play against Atlanta? He's not the same player he was. Doesn't matter how many all pro selections you have if you dont have the ability anymore.

That said I'd like to have him because he probably would be an upgrade but I don't think he guarantees us any wins.

Posted · Report post

Im gonna play devils advocate and say that Woodson wouldn't be all that much help. Who's to say that he would have made the play against Atlanta? He's not the same player he was. Doesn't matter how many all pro selections you have if you dont have the ability anymore.

That said I'd like to have him because he probably would be an upgrade but I don't think he guarantees us any wins.

I think the whole mentor angle is overblown as well. Even Smitty talks about not actively trying to teach the young guys unless they ask him. Who's to say Woodson is any different?

Posted · Report post

I think I could have won us the ATL game.  Seriously... to this day whenever I see that replay I have no idea what in the fug Nakamura was trying to do.  It's like he just kinda'... fell backwards like he was going all John Woo/Matrix bullet time or some poo.

falcons.gif

Jesus, that's like the worst attempt at an interception I've ever seen, and he was in such an awesome position to make a play on the ball too.  Hell if anything just throw a goddamn hand up and swat that bastard away.

Everytime I see that play I just cringe. I was watching the game with a Falcon fan. He had admitted defeat before this point and I had thought I won a free meal then....this happened and he acted a fool in that bar lol

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

i still don't get the godfrey hate but for the right price i'd get him looks unlikely now though.

Posted · Report post

The worst part about it is that he back peddled to the ball? Wtf?

Posted · Report post

So you're saying just because Woodson is past his prime he wouldn't have been able to knock down that pass?  Woodsons football awareness and positioning would have been enough to make that play. Intangibles like that do not just go away because your'e a few years past your prime, I think he would definitely be an upgrade of what we have.

Posted · Report post

Come on Getts, get out there and be somebody!!  Don't let the Raiders bid you up.  Give Woody the deal he can't walk away from, if he tries to leave "explain" the situation to him again!

Getts will NOT give him a "deal he can't walk away from".  The days of over spending for players is over.

Not to mention that Woodson would be an OK stop gap...not someone worth breaking the bank for.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Getts will NOT give him a "deal he can't walk away from".  The days of over spending for players is over.

Not to mention that Woodson would be an OK stop gap...not someone worth breaking the bank for.

I never suggested break the bank.  I'm trying to imply that getts puts an offer on the table and either A: he signs it or B: he never walks again.

Hence a deal he can't walk away from.

2 people like this