Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jarhead

Takeo Spikes says Woodson could win us 3 games

67 posts in this topic

You wanna know what really sucks about this play for me personally?  I was huddled around a small cell phone screen watching this about 20 mins before I got married.  What was to be the most memorable day of my life (and still is) was marred by this heinous act.  I too get nauseous when I see this play.

That's awesome....and terrible.  

Sorry but none of that play could be attributed to norman. Nakamura has a duty as a safety to not let anyone behind him, and he allowed roddy to, its as much a fundamental part of playing the safety position as catching the ball is for the WR postition... thats why you saw him plaing 99 yards off the ball the following weeks.

Agree...

And would add that it wasn't a particularly good throw by Ryan or a a great catch by White. Nakamura tried to catch a hail mary pass falling down. Very few, if any, other starting safeties in the NFL would have allowed that completion. Knock it down or go up for the INT. But always, always, always attack the ball at its highest point. Can't do that falling down.

That's awesome....and terrible.  

The only thing that saved me was that I spent the next seven days knee deep in Rum drinks, Jamaican  sand and my wife.

4 people like this

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet23s

Charles Woodson update, via agent Carl Poston. He plans on visiting #Raiders on Tuesday. He received an offer from #Broncos, is still open

Come on Getts, get out there and be somebody!!  Don't let the Raiders bid you up.  Give Woody the deal he can't walk away from, if he tries to leave "explain" the situation to him again!

To be fair (and yes Nak sucked that day and all season)....but Norman was so out of position and beaten on the play that it was just pathetic.

He was as much to blame as Nak.

THIS.... I've been saying since last year that people blame nak for that play but Norman put him in bad situation.

So if we went after Woodson, are we saying Woodson at FS and Godfrey at SS? I thought Getts and Rivera firmly said Godfrey was playing FS this year.

The funny thing about Godfrey is that he still sucks, he is just the least of the terrible S's that we employ.

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet23s

Charles Woodson update, via agent Carl Poston. He plans on visiting #Raiders on Tuesday. He received an offer from #Broncos, is still open

if we have to compete for him then the panthers won't get him, as usual

Norman and Nak both fug'd up. Nak should be working at bojangles after final cuts are made this year. After that play I honestly would have been happy if pickles or JR started at safety the next game. It looks like right when Nak was about to make a play his pants fell down.