66 replies to this topic

#16 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

Valid point.

But, there is a difference in biting on the double move.....and swallowing the the move hook, line, and sinker.

Norman was flat out juked and abused on that play.

Hope the benching late in the season wakes that boy up.

Sure, it was the wrong decision. Happens all the time to every corner in the league. Hell, even AE benefited from it last year. We would not even be discussing it now if Nak had made the routine play he should have.

#17 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

I realize people love to hate Nakamura and make excuses for Norman but Norman got embarrassed on that play. Nakamura was at least there to make a reasonable play on the ball. Roddy White is simply much better than either of them.

#18 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

Sure, it was the wrong decision. Happens all the time to every corner in the league. Hell, even AE benefited from it last year. We would not even be discussing it now if Nak had made the routine play he should have.

LOL....the Norman excuses are unreal.

#19 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,047 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

Well, those wrong decisions were frequent enough and bad enough to get his ass benched

He was terrible on that play.....plain and simple.

#20 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,570 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

That assumes at 37 he would be the starter.  That is not assured at all.  He only started 7 games for the Packers last year.

I think Woodson would be better than Naka if he was 50 years old

#21 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

LOL....the Norman excuses are unreal.

Can you be more dramatic?

Yep, Norman made a rookie mistake in his 4th game against a pro bowl WR.

I am much more willing to forgive that than a 4 year vet safety unable to make a routine play.

#22 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,246 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

Is Leon Sandcastle still available?

#23 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,681 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

Agreed.  We NEED to get him in here.  Just imagine all the insight he could provide to all of our young guys in the secondary, let alone what he could provide on the field.

#24 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

Watching that in person is one of the worst memories I have as a Panthers fan....and there are plenty to choose from.  

#25 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

Can you be more dramatic?

Yep, Norman made a rookie mistake in his 4th game against a pro bowl WR.

I am much more willing to forgive that than a 4 year vet safety unable to make a routine play.

This comes after he completely shut down Vincent Jackson in week one and put the clamps on Colston in week two.  Then he struggled against New York, which I still say the game plan should have been for him to jam Barden instead of play off.  He struggled against Atlanta.  Up and down frustrating play is what is to be expected from rookies.  Especially fifth round rookies thrown to the fire.  I love how some huddlers have certain guys that they hold up to unreal expectations and standards.

#26 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,462 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

That's because he broke his collar bone

That is the point.  At 37 you are prone to injuries and missed time assuming you are the best player anymore.  I don't know that he would be at this point.  I could see him here as a mentor for sure but not necessarily as a starter.  there is a reason he is still unsigned.

#27 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,462 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

I think Woodson would be better than Naka if he was 50 years old

Nakamura won't be starting this year if he even makes the team. 

#28 mbarbour21

mbarbour21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

Nakamura thought he could lay back and it would fall into his hands. Would have been perfect if roddy wasnt there. Lol!

#29 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

falcons.gif

You wanna know what really sucks about this play for me personally?  I was huddled around a small cell phone screen watching this about 20 mins before I got married.  What was to be the most memorable day of my life (and still is) was marred by this heinous act.  I too get nauseous when I see this play.

#30 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

Valid point.

But, there is a difference in biting on the double move.....and swallowing the the move hook, line, and sinker.

Norman was flat out juked and abused on that play.

Hope the benching late in the season wakes that boy up.

Sorry but none of that play could be attributed to norman. Nakamura has a duty as a safety to not let anyone behind him, and he allowed roddy to, its as much a fundamental part of playing the safety position as catching the ball is for the WR postition... thats why you saw him plaing 99 yards off the ball the following weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.