#16 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

Was the leak actually a threat to national security or to Obama's national campaign? Seems  the administration was supressing info, while congress was trying to inform the citizens? If so, the representitive should be commended.

#17 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,918 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

Dont give me the poor screening process crap. Just babble off some junk that the liberal press puts out. Guess it is only those 3 workers in Cincinatti that "screwed up". Yeah, with each set of talking points, comes another day where they fall apart only to get a new set of talking points.

Time for you to get a new set

I derive that opinion from several sources including former employees of the IRS who may not buy into the fact that is was rogue employees, but also state that people who think this was partisan or was the result of directives from the White House don't understand how the IRS works.

Good to see you retreat back into your liberal press reality shield. Only people telling you the truth is Fox News, the Drudge Report, and conservative talk radio. Their track record on basic facts and journalistic integrity has been soooo good.

Enjoy living in a bubble. Romney won in a landslide and the polls were skewed and Nate Silver is a partisan hack.

#18 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,284 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

Was the leak actually a threat to national security or to Obama's national campaign? Seems  the administration was supressing info, while congress was trying to inform the citizens? If so, the representitive should be commended.

I'm not sure if this post is even serious.  Did you read the OP?

"Rosen reported that U.S. intelligence officials were warning that North Korea was likely to respond to United Nations sanctions with more nuclear tests. The CIA had learned the information, Rosen wrote, from sources inside North Korea."

#19 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

I'm not sure if this post is even serious.  Did you read the OP?

"Rosen reported that U.S. intelligence officials were warning that North Korea was likely to respond to United Nations sanctions with more nuclear tests. The CIA had learned the information, Rosen wrote, from sources inside North Korea."

I guess my question goes back to the ap story that was buried. Cause that was supressed in favor of the election. which is also how all of this came to the surface.If the doj wants to do investigations thats fine. as long as they do it legally.  

#20 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,918 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

The problem, what the DOJ has done is not illegal. Well, I say that but many of the laws surrounding these are subjective because it has to balance free press with national security.

The reason these stories are so damaging is that it puts both domestic and foreign intelligence people at perilous risk.

In addition it allows people who want to do harm to the US to reevaluate how their own information was gathered by the US making intelligence even harder to gather.

And lastly if leaks happen in the US that put foreign intelligence agents in danger then foreign intelligence entities are less agreeable to share information to US intelligence for fear of their agents lives and intelligence gathering capabilities.

So this is serious business.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com