Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Colin Cole

Best Answer iamhubby1, 21 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

This fat boy here will make a difference, if healthy. A big if.

See, this right here is part of the problem. He is healthy. He has made a huge impression on his teammates. He has been working since the day he signed. He is going to be huge.

Star, Short, Cole, and Dwan. That my friends is a rotation from hellz.

He would not have been signed if he were not healthy. You don't sign a player who has been out for almost two years, if you don't check his medicals. Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#61 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

i'm excited about seeing this, tho i hope i don't have to see it too often. if this defense works the way it should, goal line battles should become much less common.

GOOD POINT!!!!  I CONCUR :rock: 

#62 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

I'm sure I can come up with something after watching lots of trailer park boys and goon

Don't forget Fubar.

#63 O-Ther

O-Ther

Well done > well said

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

This could be an ideal situtation for Cole.  He will be in the rotation but won't be required to starter.  Kind of like the way we brought Thomas Davis back. 

He looks like a really big run stuffer.  Him and Star on goal line would clearly clog the middle up for sure.

Speaking of clogging the middle, hope the Panthers have a good plumber on speed dial. That guy looks like he could easily clog a few toilets in the locker room. :stuff:

#64 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Cole was the first Gettlemen hire. That told me something right there and then.

He is healthy. He is better than Ron was. He is going to help us.

Our D-line is going to be deep and fresh. No more 4th quarter melt downs for this unit.

#65 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

#66 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:13 PM   Best Answer

See, this right here is part of the problem. He is healthy. He has made a huge impression on his teammates. He has been working since the day he signed. He is going to be huge.

He would not have been signed if he were not healthy. You don't sign a player who has been out for almost two years, if you don't check his medicals.

#67 xerxes

xerxes

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

He would not have been signed if he were not healthy. You don't sign a player who has been out for almost two years, if you don't check his medicals.

I have no doubt they thoroughly checked his medicals, but let's not get carried away that means a huge vote of confidence. He signed for a 1 year vet minimum contract.

He was signed on the hope he'd come back to form, but there are no guarantees  If he was a proven commodity, he would have gotten more money.

Don't get me wrong. I love the move, and I hope the Cole pans out, but until I see him in games and healthy at that, I'm not going to expect too much from him.

#68 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

Little reason to doubt that he's healthy right now.

The question with those who have either severe or multiple injuries in their past is always whether they will stay that way.

If the answer is yes, plenty of reason to be optimistic.

#69 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

Little reason to doubt that he's healthy right now.

The question with those who have either severe or multiple injuries in their past is always whether they will stay that way.

If the answer is yes, plenty of reason to be optimistic.

Yes.  I am pumped about him. If he gives us a good year, it will be tremendous to Star's development.  In a perfect world, we develop Gaydosh or (that DT from Oklahoma)  on the PS for a year or two and move him up when Cole ages out.

#70 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

I have no doubt they thoroughly checked his medicals, but let's not get carried away that means a huge vote of confidence. He signed for a 1 year vet minimum contract.

He was signed on the hope he'd come back to form, but there are no guarantees  If he was a proven commodity, he would have gotten more money.

Don't get me wrong. I love the move, and I hope the Cole pans out, but until I see him in games and healthy at that, I'm not going to expect too much from him.

Cole was grateful for the opportunity the Panthers gave him. To play football again. He has shown his gratitude by basically out working everyone. He is ready to go, and we will benefit by his presence.

I know it is difficult to believe, given our past and all, but this team really is close to being pretty darn good.

No problem with you wanting to wait until you are shown things are different up in here. I just feel it is more fun to go with the excitement angle and be giddy over where we are headed.

Most folks around here agree that we have a bright future. Me? I see a bright present.