#166 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

Teams will always tank.  They still do, even with the lottery.   The only thing the lottery accomplishes is teams are tanking for MORE years, trying to get that once in a decade pick.   I would say that if the worst team, got the first pick, there would be less tanking going on, honestly.   And as much as tanking gets cheesy, can you blame the teams that do it?  They can't compete with the Heat and sign 3 all-stars.  Tanking and hoping to grab a superstar is all they can do.  Even so, Hornets need excitement NOW so I'm not OK with them tanking, not when there are some good big men free agents out there that would help us a lot.  Besides we have to spend to reach the min. salary, so why not?  We need to make money now, and put people in the seats.

You are right that the worst team should have a higher %, like way high, but by then, why even have it? 

I've always said the lottery is rigged, if it wasn't, they'd throw it on TV and make quite a bit of money out of an hour or two program where you could watch it live.

#167 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,161 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

Teams will always tank.  They still do, even with the lottery.   The only thing the lottery accomplishes is teams are tanking for MORE years, trying to get that once in a decade pick.   I would say that if the worst team, got the first pick, there would be less tanking going on, honestly.   And as much as tanking gets cheesy, can you blame the teams that do it?  They can't compete with the Heat and sign 3 all-stars.  Tanking and hoping to grab a superstar is all they can do.  Even so, Hornets need excitement NOW so I'm not OK with them tanking, not when there are some good big men free agents out there that would help us a lot.  Besides we have to spend to reach the min. salary, so why not?  We need to make money now, and put people in the seats.

You are right that the worst team should have a higher %, like way high, but by then, why even have it? 

I've always said the lottery is rigged, if it wasn't, they'd throw it on TV and make quite a bit of money out of an hour or two program where you could watch it live.

Agreed.  Why not show the actual lottery process as they pull the ping-pong balls out and give real time results? 

#168 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

Stern always screw us

Attached Files

#169 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

Except the first 3 ping pong balls taken out would be the top 3 picks, so more like a solid 20 seconds of TV time.

The reason they present it like they do is to stretch it out to a 30 minute show with the most important pick announced last

#170 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

Except the first 3 ping pong balls taken out would be the top 3 picks, so more like a solid 20 seconds of TV time.

The reason they present it like they do is to stretch it out to a 30 minute show with the most important pick announced last

Maybe.  Lottery needs nixed period.

#171 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Not saying the lottery is the right, but missing the #1 pick the last 2 years was less harmful to Charlotte than never picking above 8th from 2007-2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users