Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Still makes me laugh...

36 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Coples 6-6 285

Richardson 6-3 300

completely different types of players. Coples can play OLB. Richardson? no fuging way.

In a 3-4 defense, Richardson, Wilkerson, and Coples are all DEs. Coples will not have success as a 3-4 OLB.

Posted · Report post

Not to change the subject but fug Panthers media player.  A multi-million dollar industry and they have a media player of a middle school lacrosse team

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

In a 3-4 defense, Richardson, Wilkerson, and Coples are all DEs. Coples will not have success as a 3-4 OLB.

I hope not against us. But i disagree.

Posted · Report post

Oh man, that a great moment. I was SHOCKED that Star was falling to us. When we turned in that pick that quickly, I just knew it had to have been Star. Great.. friggin.. night.. I was just glad that Richardson was off the board to ensure we didn't get him, lol. I didn't think he would have been a good fit for us

Posted · Report post

Not to change the subject but fug Panthers media player.  A multi-million dollar industry and they have a media player of a middle school lacrosse team

I don't mean to derail the thread either.  But I had trouble getting it to play.  Fixed by uninstalling Windows Media Player, rebooting, re-installing it.  I don't use WMP anywhere else.

btw I was holding my breath while the Jets were on the clock.  Then danced when they announced their pick.  :jig:

Posted · Report post

they have spent the last 3 or 4 first round picks on d line, none are great pass rushers, which is what they needed the most.  if coples can play at 3-4, then we can denote him as most versatile player in the nfl.

Posted · Report post

Not to change the subject but fug Panthers media player. A multi-million dollar industry and they have a media player of a middle school lacrosse team

I've never understood the issue with it. I've used it without problems on multiple pcs and apple products. What is the issue? Just curious..

Posted · Report post

2vio6d0.png

Jets fans always look like this at the draft. 

Posted · Report post

The memory of hearing the words "With the 13th pick, the New York Jets select...Sheldon Richardson" :blink: :lol:

No lie. I really did 'laugh out loud', and I'm still laughing.

If ESPN ever does another video of Jets draft blunders, I hope that clip deserves to be on it.

I don't see how that can be considered a Jet such a laughable blunder and a win for the Panthers before a down is even played by either player. Takes me back to the days when trading down to get Otah was a the greatest move in NFL draft history. An exaggeration.....but not much of one.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I don't see how that can be considered a Jet such a laughable blunder and a win for the Panthers before a down is even played by either player. Takes me back to the days when trading down to get Otah was a the greatest move in NFL draft history. An exaggeration.....but not much of one.

It's not...yet. That's why I'm speaking in terms of the future.

I laugh at it now because we got the guy that we wanted when I was afraid The Jets would take him.

My hope for the future is that Lotulelei proves to be such a great player that the Jets - and for that matter, everyone else who passed on him - will be considered to have made a mistake.

Its still funnier with the Jets though because they have a pattern, so if this turns out to be another screw up, it'll just be added to the list.

Posted · Report post

Man, I was just excited that that meant that we weren't picking Richardson. After all of those lazy mock drafts sending him to us, I was stoked to be picking anyone beside him, let alone Star.

Posted · Report post

Star is the prototype 3-4 NT, which is a BIG need for the Jets - but instead they took and undersized 4-3 UT to play DE in their 3-4 scheme. 

Yup, that's the jets.