Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All aboard the Alex Len bandwagon.

91 posts in this topic

Posted

To be fair Chandler was considered a bust in Chicago....

Now back to on topic, if you feel a player can play then it doesn't matter where you pick him if he can play. That being said if the team evaluates Len and wants him and thinks we can trade to 7 and get him and he is gone where are we then? If he is your guy then make the pick. 

There's this thing called a big board...

Posted

Lol, it's not case closed because you are drafting a player that is not worth the fourth pick... I have been providing you fact after fact and you completely ignore them...

Please, look at the draft order...

1. Cleveland - Assume they take Noel...

2. Orlando - Assume they take McLemore

3. Washington- Counletess numbers of post players

4. Charlotte - Needs  a post player

5. Phoenix Gortat

6. New Orleans: Davis

7. Kings: Cousins

8. Pistons: Drummond

9: Timberwolves: Pekovic/Love

10: Trail Blazers: Aldridge

Open your eyes man, this screams trade down...

1. Burke could go to Orlando

2. Wash= NENE just retired

3.PHO -Gortat - Really??

4. NO could put him with Davis and have their Front court for years to come. You Remember Davis is PF

and I'll deal with the rest of this poo later

Posted

1. Burke could go to Orlando

2. Wash= NENE just retired

3.PHO -Gortat - Really??

4. NO could put him with Davis and have their Front court for years to come. You Remember Davis is PF

and I'll deal with the rest of this poo later

If Burke goes to Orlando... then McLemore falls to us...

Yes, Gortat he averages close to a double-double.

You are also forgetting that the Pelicans also have Lopez and Anderson.

Posted

There's this thing called a big board...

yeah and everyone's is different.... Find 10 people and have them put players in order of value on same 60 players with their teams specific needs/systems and see how different it looks

7 footers don't grow on trees, thats how Darko gets picked ahead of Dwade/Carmello and many others

Posted

Hell, even are own beat writer reported that if we traded down that we'd be looking at someone like Len.

But what does he know...

Some people it's impossible to have a conversation with on this site because they think they are omniscient.

Posted

yeah and everyone's is different.... Find 10 people and have them put players in order of value on same 60 players with their teams specific needs/systems and see how different it looks

That's not the point I was making...

The point I was trying to get across is that when you trade down you have more than one player you are interested in on your big board... 

You're not necessarily trading down for one player but your trading down to get the best possible one.

There is a chance that Oladipo/Len could be there at seven if teams really like Burke and Porter...  Len or Oladipo at seven would be a hell of a draft.

Posted

Who Bonnell? he knows no more than anyone else that isn't in the front office of the organization. If it was known who everyone wanted it wouldnt be a draft. of course you have an idea of who wants who, but look at the NFL draft with everyone thinking Bills and Nassib they trade down and take Manuel at 16. It is always a guessing game.

All I am saying is if the team feels Len is the guy then take him at 4. No point in trading down and risking losing him. Trading down 2 spots wont do anything but put you in danger of losing the guy you are targeting. 

Now lets say pick 7 wants Bennett, and we are ok with getting him and we take him. Then pick 7 takes Len and we swap and add pieces by all means I am ok with that. I am not ok with trading down and hoping we can still land our priority target.

Posted

That's not the point I was making...

The point I was trying to get across is that when you trade down you have more than one player you are interested in on your big board... 

You're not necessarily trading down for one player but your trading down to get the best possible one.

There is a chance that Oladipo/Len could be there at seven if teams really like Burke and Porter...  Len or Oladipo at seven would be a hell of a draft.

No i agree with that, I am saying of you have the 1 player you are targeting and he is the guy you need/want. You take him, dont risk losing out on what you feel is the best pick. 

Much like they did last yr in how they decided to keep the #2 pick for MKG

Posted

Regardless of the actual discussion, Len would be a solid pick. His post game seems to be the best in this years draft class and though he is a Euro boy, he seems like he will be able to play the NBA game.

Posted

No i agree with that, I am saying of you have the 1 player you are targeting and he is the guy you need/want. You take him, dont risk losing out on what you feel is the best pick. 

Much like they did last yr in how they decided to keep the #2 pick for MKG

Oh okay.

Well we obviously won't have any idea on who the Cats are actually interested in for quite some time, but as for myself... there isn't a clear cut out pick at the fourth. Trading back (which Charlotte is intrigued by; according to multiple sports outlets), might just be the best idea.

Posted

Who Bonnell? he knows no more than anyone else that isn't in the front office of the organization. If it was known who everyone wanted it wouldnt be a draft. of course you have an idea of who wants who, but look at the NFL draft with everyone thinking Bills and Nassib they trade down and take Manuel at 16. It is always a guessing game.

All I am saying is if the team feels Len is the guy then take him at 4. No point in trading down and risking losing him. Trading down 2 spots wont do anything but put you in danger of losing the guy you are targeting. 

Now lets say pick 7 wants Bennett, and we are ok with getting him and we take him. Then pick 7 takes Len and we swap and add pieces by all means I am ok with that. I am not ok with trading down and hoping we can still land our priority target.

To be fair to Bonnell, he tweeted about the name change before anyone.

The real subject here is does Charlotte think that their is player deserving of the number four pick?

Judging from the fact that they are talking to teams about moving down, I'm not completely sure they do.

Posted

I'm out guys, I got a few things to do before I start my day, later.