Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oladipo at #4?

100 posts in this topic

Posted

You take the BPA regardless if he fits for scoring or what not. Skill and upside wise, I think the two best players in the draft are Olapido and Noel. Yes, in that order. Olapido has so much upside its not even funny, if he's the BPA you take him. The team isn't going to be winning games this season, so you can hopefully be in the top 4 and get a potential superstar surrounded by Defensive minded players that play well in the fast break, don't mind passing and be selfless. 

Kemba/ Vet FA

Olapido/Wayne Selden

MKG/Taylor

Randle/McRoberts

AJ Hammons/ Bizmack

That's a pretty good team with tons of potential. Add in a few Free Agents and you've got a recipe for success. 

Posted

You take the BPA regardless if he fits for scoring or what not. Skill and upside wise, I think the two best players in the draft are Olapido and Noel. Yes, in that order. Olapido has so much upside its not even funny, if he's the BPA you take him. The team isn't going to be winning games this season, so you can hopefully be in the top 4 and get a potential superstar surrounded by Defensive minded players that play well in the fast break, don't mind passing and be selfless. 

Kemba/ Vet FA

Olapido/Wayne Selden

MKG/Taylor

Randle/McRoberts

AJ Hammons/ Bizmack

That's a pretty good team with tons of potential. Add in a few Free Agents and you've got a recipe for success. 

I'm sorry I like Victor but what makes him and Noel the players in this draft with the most upside?

Len is a legit 7'1 which not many teams have in this league and has more skill sets then Noel. And Mclemore is taller then Victor and he can play defense as well.

Not to mention Bennet and Rudy Gobert are also very young and has some large upside. I don't think Victor and Noel have more upside then a lot of these players. If anything it could be even

Posted

Goberts "talent" is being tall. He is a terrible basketball player. He makes Noel look like Larry Bird. He's like a homeless mans Hasheem Thabeet. Len at least has some basketball ability but he has as many injury concerns as Noel. There are plenty of mediocre guys already in the NBA solely for being tall, why bother drafting one with a lottery pick. 

Posted

This would be my pick even if the ping pong balls went our way and we ended up at 2. One thing that you know you are going to get out of him is defense. A common theme among the remaining teams in the playoffs are they all have good defenses, team as well as one-on-one defenders. Offensively, I think he is underrated and improving. Although he didn't take as many shots as McLemore he shot a better % from 3 (as well as from the field.) His shot has improved tremendously. Plus, I have heard he is an extremely hard worker so that can only bode well for his improvement. His athletic ability is off the charts and makes him a threat whenever he has the ball driving the lane.

I can see him becoming the SG version of Russell Westbrook.

1 person likes this

Posted

My Power Rankings:

Nerlens Noel

Ben McLemore

Trey Burke

Anthony Bennett

Victor Olidipo

I think Burke is the only guys the Bobcats/Hornets won't entertain drafting due to having Kemba.

I'd rather take Anthony Bennett than Oladipo, but that is just personal preference and I wouldn't be disappointed either way.

Posted

Oladipo or Bennett needs to be the pick. One, if not both, will be there at #4.

If they draft Alex Len, I'm going to throw my remote controller at the wall. He's still pretty raw and inconsistent. I don't think he will ever develop into a true, 80 game center like Hibbert. 

Posted

My Power Rankings:

Nerlens Noel

Ben McLemore

Trey Burke

Anthony Bennett

Victor Olidipo

I think Burke is the only guys the Bobcats/Hornets won't entertain drafting due to having Kemba.

I'd rather take Anthony Bennett than Oladipo, but that is just personal preference and I wouldn't be disappointed either way.

Don't really want Noel or McLemore. They probably will be gone by #4 anyway. Burke very easily could be gone by #4 (I would draft him #1 overall if I were the Magic GM) and the bobcats better hope he's gone by then. You gotta take Burke if he's there, which will ultimately mean bye bye to Kemba. 

Bennett/Oladipo 

Posted

Have to take Burke if he's there? Come on he's not that much of a can't miss prospect where we have to trade Kemba and start over at the PG position. Burke has a few limitations and not worth being set back another year.

Posted

I'm sorry I like Victor but what makes him and Noel the players in this draft with the most upside?

Len is a legit 7'1 which not many teams have in this league and has more skill sets then Noel. And Mclemore is taller then Victor and he can play defense as well.

Not to mention Bennet and Rudy Gobert are also very young and has some large upside. I don't think Victor and Noel have more upside then a lot of these players. If anything it could be even

Oladipo can do everything well, has a high basketball/real life IQ, works hard on both ends of the court, extremely athletic, and IMHO the most well rounded prospect in the draft. He's going to be a very good basketball player and will be able to contribute immediately with things other than points. I know we need scoring/size but we need a lot of other things, too. 

I'm not going to argue with you about Noel because I'm not a huge fan of him and he won't be there at #4.

McLemore has the size/skill set to play in the NBA but I question his work ethic and he didn't show up for some big games last year. We need high motor guys who bring it every game. 

Alex Len sucks. He looked good against the scrub Plumlee and Duke but then didn't do sh1t against UNC in 3 games you'd think he would dominate without UNC having any sort of true frontcourt last year. 

Bennett would be a great pick and he is going to be a solid NBA player. He fits a lot of the Bobcats needs. I would pick him or Oladipo. 

How many Rudy Gobert games did you watch last year? 

Posted

Have to take Burke if he's there? Come on he's not that much of a can't miss prospect where we have to trade Kemba and start over at the PG position. Burke has a few limitations and not worth being set back another year.

this is my opinion. I watch a lot of college hoops and IMHO Burke is probably the only can't miss prospect than Oladipo. Bennett is going to be a good forward in the NBA but he's also going to need some time to develop and good guard play to be an impact player. 

Burke can do everything on the court, can carry a team, and wants the ball when it matters most. 

I agree w/ you though about setting the team back another year because if they draft him they are going to have move Kemba and drafting Burke wouldn't fill a true hole we have on our roster. It's one of those slippery situations that I hope he's there when we pick but I also hope he isn't because I like Kemba. 

Posted

I'd endorse Oladipo. As good a pick as your going to get in this draft. I'd like to trade back and get Alex Len also.

Posted

In curious to what the consensus is from people like myself who watch ACC hoops religiously on Len.

Also - to the people who want Len, do y'all watch ACC ball?