#106 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,870 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

Well, unless he has a personal issue he doesn't want disclosed and talked about in the media.....a contract is all that makes sense. Also, I don't put tons of stock on what people say to the media in times like this.

Yea i can get that. Just heard he was involved in all of the offseason programs before OTA's.

edit: nevermind he went on record said it was contract related, didn't want to do it through the media. my b.

#107 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Yeah, totally understandable. But is he beginning to rub Tom and Co. the wrong way? Think it kind of exacerbates the situation, when you've got both your top WR appear to be putting up a stand for big contracts.

Well that is the business side is things....which Tom wouldn't be in on. He just wants to play football with his guys. So him being irked is also understandable. But if your Nicks, I would think Coughlin being irked is something you do if it is strictly a business move and not some sort of personal issue. I would think a personal issue could and should at least be disclosed to Tom.....and that would solve a lot of that. Most coaches, most, from what I have seen try to help players with real problems

#108 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

I think that if Nicks doesn't get his pay raise this season, he's as good as gone. One of those WRs will be gone. I don't see a way they retain both next season. I just kind of wonder if that situation make one trade bait this year (I know its been talked to death) especially with a couple young guys in the wings. And the fact that NY isn't known for handing out huge pay days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.