Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerald Henderson Brings Back The Buzz

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Henderson tweeted out this picture today.

post-2050-0-65287600-1369425974_thumb.jp

2 people like this

Posted

Nice.  I hope we can sign him to a fair contract.  He actually wants to stay and play here, might be hard to find players like that lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

Agreed Zax, I'm in the "keep Gerald" camp but I haven't always been.  I have just been thinking about how good this guy could be if we actually had scoring talent around him.

Posted

I love Hendo, I really hope we bring him back.  Even if hes not the starter next year (for some reason) he'd be a great sixth man. 

Posted

Baby Kobe highlights from his time in Charlotte

Posted

I really do love the effort and the hustle from Henderson.  BUT I feel like we can find an upgrade in the next two years...  My heart would love to see us keep him long term, and for him to really turn it on next year, but if a guy like McLemore fell (crazy things have happened..sometimes?), how do you pass him up?  In the recent SI Mock they have us taking Victor Oladipo...who sounds lot like Henderson when he came out...

I'm glad I'm not a NBA GM...  I guess I'm pretty clueless...  Again, I love Henderson, but the question is, is he truly a long term Hornet?

Posted

Looks damn good in teal and purple.

Posted

I know a lot of fans stopped following the team toward the end of last season, and while a lot of fans quit, Gerald Henderson did not.

Hendo (March): 20.1 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 3.3 apg

Hendo (April): 17.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 3.9 apg

Based on how he played toward the end of the year, he needs to be kept.

2 people like this

Posted

I also forgot to mention, Gerald Henderson was 11th in scoring for shooting guards.

Posted

Good posts CP. We really need to bring Hendo back, because he turned it up at the end of the year when he was told to be aggressive.

Posted

Hopefully the team can get something done and resign him, since he seems to want to stay around.

Posted

I know a lot of fans stopped following the team toward the end of last season, and while a lot of fans quit, Gerald Henderson did not.

Hendo (March): 20.1 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 3.3 apg

Hendo (April): 17.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 3.9 apg

Based on how he played toward the end of the year, he needs to be kept.

This is definitely worth mentioning again.  This guy is a class act.  He never quit despite being on a terrible team.  Yeah, it's a contract year, but I don't feel that way with Hendo.  He plays hard, he's rugged, and just needs some talent around him.  Mentioned above, but even if we keep him as a 6th man, pay him fairly, he'll be worth it.  You just have to keep good players who want to play in this city.