Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rockets trying to trade Thomas Robinson

44 posts in this topic

Posted

How often do teams trade their top 5 pick in their rookie season?

That's all you need to know.

TRob is going to wash out of the league pretty quickly.

I agree that the writing is on the wall and most players that hop from team to team this early in there career do fizzle out, but I do think it is too early for the verdict to be in on TRob.

Joe Johnson was traded by Celtics to Suns in his rookie year halfway through the season, then traded to the Hawks 3 years later only to now be consider a max level player.

Rasheed Wallace traded from Washington to Portland after rookie year.

Chris Webber was one and done in Golden State only that was more his doing than the team wanting to trade him. (I think he excercised a one-year option in his rookie deal)

Kevin Johnson was traded from Cleveland to Phoenix near the end of his rookie year.

The initial trade from Sacremento to Houston was shocking, but Houston now wants to trade him strictly to relieve cap room in order to go after Dwight Howard.  As long as we don't give up any more than a 2nd round pick, maybe a late first (not that we have any) or some cash considerations, i think a young team like the Bobcats/ Hornets could help TRob get some playing time and NBA confidence.  I was high on him before the draft last year, and although undersized, I just don't see a guy with his length and build leaving the league so soon.

3 people like this

Posted

I agree that the writing is on the wall and most players that hop from team to team this early in there career do fizzle out, but I do think it is too early for the verdict to be in on TRob.

Joe Johnson was traded by Celtics to Suns in his rookie year halfway through the season, then traded to the Hawks 3 years later only to now be consider a max level player.

Rasheed Wallace traded from Washington to Portland after rookie year.

Chris Webber was one and done in Golden State only that was more his doing than the team wanting to trade him. (I think he excercised a one-year option in his rookie deal)

Kevin Johnson was traded from Cleveland to Phoenix near the end of his rookie year.

The initial trade from Sacremento to Houston was shocking, but Houston now wants to trade him strictly to relieve cap room in order to go after Dwight Howard. As long as we don't give up any more than a 2nd round pick, maybe a late first (not that we have any) or some cash considerations, i think a young team like the Bobcats/ Hornets could help TRob get some playing time and NBA confidence. I was high on him before the draft last year, and although undersized, I just don't see a guy with his length and build leaving the league so soon.

This!

There was reasons that Trob was traded from Sac and now Houston wanting to trade him. It says nothing that he can't play in this league.

As far as I know, that Sac team is a capable Playoffs team with Evans, Cousins, etc. Sac has no clue to winning. We have less talents than they do and is just as good as them.

Posted

Dude is a scrub

I wouldn't trade a 3rd round pick for him

Think you made your point in the last two posts.

Posted

Yeah, he isn't winning any awards for sure, but he is a talented player that needs to develop a better mid-range jumper due to being an undersized 4 man

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, he isn't winning any awards for sure, but he is a talented player that needs to develop a better mid-range jumper due to being an undersized 4 man

I dont think he's undersized. He's listed at 6'10 with shoes and many were concern with him coming out being at around 6'8? without shoes. I think he has good size to play the PF position, especially if many thinks that Anthony Bennett at 6'8 can do it.

T-rob is still very young and has a lot of potential. If he can find a mid range jumper he'll be something to watch for. I believe that T-Rob is going to be a defensive presence in the paint and a very good rebounder in a couple of years.

Posted

I'd give up a protected 2nd rounder for him, that's about it though. 

Posted

yeah I would do a future 2nd round pick for him... I never really liked him in the draft process but for cheap I think he can be a solid role player. I didn't really see him much this year, but he has always been a strong character guy and plays hard. I could see him fitting in giving us 10 hard minutes of defense and rebounds while we wait for him to develop his mid-range jumper.

1 person likes this

Posted

No, he's complete garbage.

There is a reason that he has already been traded once.

And to think a lot of to guys wanted him to begin with... smh.

When you say complete garbage you are being kind..he is just a tweener with no specialized skill that can help a franchise as of now..or the next couple of years.

Posted

Quick question...for all of those bashing T-Rob how many games have yall seen him play?

Also were you also bashing Kemba after his rookie year and now are kissing his ass? 

I will be honest I haven't seen him play much this year. I want him based on the fact that we have nothing at PF! The Portland pick or like some of you are suggesting a 2nd rounder is very little risk. This guy could be good. 

Posted

at most give the pdx pick.  at most.

Posted

Quick question...for all of those bashing T-Rob how many games have yall seen him play?

Also were you also bashing Kemba after his rookie year and now are kissing his ass?

I will be honest I haven't seen him play much this year. I want him based on the fact that we have nothing at PF! The Portland pick or like some of you are suggesting a 2nd rounder is very little risk. This guy could be good.

Ive seen T rob play about 6 times for Sac and maybe two for Hou...most of summer league, college.

Posted

Ive seen T rob play about 6 times for Sac and maybe two for Hou...most of summer league, college.

So after seeing 8 games in the Pros you feel comfortable writing a guy off? 

Also, you labeled him as a Tweener. Why do you feel like he is a tweener?

Like I said I haven't seen him play and the only thing I can see from highlights is that he is a good athlete. He seems to be good in transition and with putbacks. He has a PF body type. Does he have no post game or just prefers shooting jumpers?

1 person likes this