Smitty was on The Drive yesterday which is always fun to listen to. During the beginning of the 3rd hour, he was asked about OTA's and what he has seen thus far. The link is below as well as a break down. Listen to 4:13 through 8:02 for what the summary talks about.
- What reciever has stood out to you? (Smith) - "A reciever that has stood out to me? Hmmmm... [4 seconds of silence]... the tight ends have been ballin. We haven't been catching too many passes on the outside" Give me a tight end (Smith) - "Greg Olsen.. the tight ends have been killin."
- How about KK and Star? Smith said they were doing well, and went out of his way to mention Lindon Gaydosh. Said he reminded him of Shane Burton. Quick hands, doesn't look athletic.. said if he was standing next to Hardy and CJ you would think he's their agent.
- DBs - said Drayton Florence impressed him and was doing a good job of getting the DB's together. Mike Mitchell flies around telling WR's if they were in pads he'd "blow them up".
- Talk about the WR meeting room being thick and uneasy with competition.
- Said Josh Thomas was ball'n
- Said he wouldn't do any 1-on-1's at training camp because he wants to watch the young DB's and WR's go at each other
- DJ Moore showed he could play the nickel and wants to play outside.