Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Last of Us...

58 posts in this topic

Posted

This is next on my list of games to buy

Posted

Should be getting this in the mail today. I should probably finish xcom first, but something tells me I won't be waiting.

Posted

The only thing I didn't like about this was how easy it was to sneak past rooms full of Clickers.  Also enemy guards standing right on top of Ellie and not seeing her as she scurried over to my hiding spot.

Posted

Clickers are blind. They're also one hit kills - so yes they're relatively easy to sneak past, but if you don't (and there's a few of them) you're toast. I couldn't stealth kill Stalkers - don't see how you can.

You'd have disliked it more if Ellie running over to your position broke your stealth. It was a necessary evil.

Posted

Game def seems harder if you don't stealth. Seem to be trying to send home the message that survival is the most important thing and not starting a massacre. Story is great. It's kind of the opposite of the Uncharted series. Uncharted was harder to stealth and easier to just shoot everyone. Last of us barely has any ammo so you gotta stealth (same applies in multiplayer, you don't have much ammo)

Posted

Just copped it today! Could someone please give a brother some tips on how to get the F out of the capital building with Ellie? I was going towards the rear exit and now I'm cornered and keep getting shot.

Posted

Just copped it today! Could someone please give a brother some tips on how to get the F out of the capital building with Ellie? I was going towards the rear exit and now I'm cornered and keep getting shot.

Erm if memory serves:

You run upstairs. Follow the bannister round and exit through the doors (might be a hole?) - there's a dead firefly with a hunting rifle if that helps.  This then leads up to an encounter upstairs with several guards/rooms. Followed by an encounter downstairs with several guards/rooms.

After all that you run out onto the street to freedom.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks Miaoww, I actually made it through that after I posted that last night.  I'm now in the hotel chapter in Pittsburgh, and it SUCKS.  When I was stuck on the Capital Building chapter, it was because I kept waiting too long to move up.  I finally went all the way to the door on the far left, kind of flanking the soldiers, and then when they walked forward, I ran out of the building.

Now, I'm stuck in the Hotel Chapter where Joel falls with the elevator.  The lack of light in the basement is disorienting, furthermore, I almost shat myself when I ran around the same 3 rooms several times over, only to finally run into several stalkers that I had no idea were there.  I also tried to crank the generator and was immediately met by a Bloater and I have no weapons outside of my guns, lol.  So, I'm probably going to be stuck on this level for awhile or need to restart from the last point.  I also have no idea where the security card is for the door in the basement... 

Hopefully, I'll figure it out.

Posted

You need molotovs for Bloaters. Otherwise they're basically invincible I've found. 

Posted

Yep molotov the Bloaters and they are cake.  

I like the MP on this game.

Posted

I'm now at the Eastern Colorado U. chapter. Just dropped down into the bottom floor of the dorm (i think), there's like 4 clickers and one bloater. I've attempted it like 3 times so far... Took the clickers out with arrows, then went after the bloater with a flamethrower and gun, only for him to proceed to rip my head apart, lol. I'm taking a break to do Insanity and then probably gonna get back on and see what I can do.

Posted

I played it through on Hard.

Had enough Shivs to take out the Clickers then flamethrower'd the Bloater (two prolonged bursts seemed to do the trick).

The door at the end of the hall way is locked/jammed so sadly you can't sneak past everyone. =(