Smitty was on the Radio (Wfnz- the Drive- 3-7pm) and gave some of his observation of this week Ota practices. Here are some highlights.
1. Robert Lester is starting to make some plays at safety.
2. Josh Thomas is still quietly making plays.
3. Gaydosh (The DT from Canada ) is earning the name Shane Burton Jr. Doesn't look athletic but keeps making plays.
4. Byron Bell and Amini are looking good and making strides. You can see a difference in them.
5. Star and KK are looking good.
6. Brandon Williams has a nickname "Big Muscles 86" says he made a catch before he hurt his knee last week and you can here the ball go (goop) when it hit his hands. Says he has a powerful grip.
7. Kuchely made a play on a reverse to 89# and Smitty was like whooa!! At how he showed up out of nowhere.
8. Gettlemen is at every practice taking mental notes.
And the biggest info I got.
9. Smitty Comments on Shula
Likes the better verbiage in the offense. " A slant is a slant why make a speech out of it"
Likes the Fact " That Shula isn't auditioning for a HC job" "He is looking at developing more then Chud did" "if a play isn't ran right Shula will run it again 3-4 more times"
Smitty says "he is shocked that most of the 1st plays they Run are Running plays" Which he thinks will help the offense.
Smitty also said "it looks like Shula has learned from his mistakes as well as the mistakes of the Former OC" which is another shot at Chud.
After this I have doubt what happen to the offense last season. CHUD!!
From Ron's Comments "of better communication"
To Smitty to no Player crying or tweeting when he took the Brown's job.