Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smitty OTA Observation 6/5/13

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

After last comment, all I want to know about is WR progress each time he talk

Posted · Report post

Shula is 14 yrs removed from the TB OC position.  Anyone that hangs around that long is going to be a better coach. 

I was happy with Chudz when we got him for 2011 but in 2012 his ego got far ahead himself and ruin a good football team.

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Yep, Chud is exactly what I thought he was: an arrogant coach who only cared about landing a HC job.

Posted · Report post

He also complimented Mike Mitchell on a diving pick he made.

I've notice that we're not really going to get much from Smitty when it comes to how the other WR's are doing. He's real cautious and calculated whenever he's asked about the other WR's. He use to be the same way about the DB's, but he's loosened up a bit when it comes to dishing out compliments about them.

Posted · Report post

I am sick about Brandon Williams  getting hurt

Posted · Report post

I like what i hear from smitty... however, I dont know if i like the direct verbiage and the run-heavy 1st down simulation. I know its only OTAs but i think DC's could have a field day if we call the same plays at the same situation [a la foxball]. although we have better athletes and a better QB then we did back then, so who knows.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Just remember, they're cutting down the verbiage in the huddle so they have more time at the line of scrimmage to read the defense and audible. When Cam had that freedom last year, our offense started purring.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I like that Gettleman is at every practice.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I like that Gettleman is at every practice.

I wish he was in his office signing Brandon Moore for the OL

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

I for one know I was happy when the Browns grabbed Chud, I felt he was the main reason the Offense started off slow. I mean there was no reason to under use the RB's like he did last year. And I hope that everything I'm hearing now out of OTA I will see when the season starts. And I'm glad that Shula has learned from his the past I really hope he can take us to another level, I want him to do for our team like what Caldwell did for the Ravens when he took over there Offense. They really took off when that move was made.

Posted · Report post

Gaydosh Pride!
5 people like this