264 replies to this topic

#46 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

Burn it all I say.

On the Sammy Watkins thing- isnt possession of pills w/o a prescription a felony?

No it was a misdemeanor. Much like weed it depends on how much you have on you at the time of the arrest whether its a felony or misdemeanor.

#47 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

Also, I've not read any police report or anything, but as a UNC fan I'm worried about the possibility of an unregistered firearm being found on him. Let's be honest here - these sort of things usually come together.

The reason I say this is I thought driving w/o a license & simple possession were just citations? I could be wrong, as I'm not up to date on thug moves, but why was he booked???

If I was Hairston, I would try to convince one of those two low lives riding with him to eat the charges and promise him a lump sum when he's a potential lottery pick next year.

@DerekRowles: #BreakingNews -- DPD confirms a gun was found on the ground outside the car driven by PJ Hairston. Forensics being done right now #ABC11

#48 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,994 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

What a dumbass

#49 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

@DavidCMorrison: According to the Hairston police report, a 9 mm handgun and magazine with 9 rounds of ammunition was taken as evidence. Also: 3 cigars.

#50 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,994 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

More #Hairston -- just filed PD report -- Sezied: plastic baggies, 9mm handgun, ammunition, car rental agreement for 2013 Yukon.

lol, dude was selling weed.

#51 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

WillBrinson
PJ Hairston + crew had 43 grams of weed on them? That's WAY more than "half ounce" (1 oz = 28 grams) http://t.co/S4YLjCtkpD
6/7/13 12:49 PM

#52 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

Wow. Stupid. Dude has NBA 1st round potential and hanging out doing dumb poo like this? Stay away from these types of people and driving without a license is the stupidest poo ever.

#53 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

Guess he'll be changing his name to BJ once convicted.

#54 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

WillBrinson
PJ Hairston + crew had 43 grams of weed on them? That's WAY more than "half ounce" (1 oz = 28 grams) http://t.co/S4YLjCtkpD
6/7/13 12:49 PM

Felony is anything greater than 1.5 oz or 42grams. But if it was split up between them and everyone had less than the 1.5 oz amt then no one can be charged with a felony. However possession of a fire arm in conjunction with drugs is a felony offense.

#55 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,150 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

Just absolutely idiotic.  

#56 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

Guess he'll be changing his name to BJ once convicted.

stone-cold-laughing.gif

#57 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,437 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

Wow...  I didn't really care when the story first broke, but I decided to just check up on it out of curiosity.

Even as an alum, I felt like UNC always looked for a certain type of player...  Basically, I'm saying they wanted clean-cut, cornball type of guys.  I had a feeling the PJ Hairston was a different dude, just from the way he played.  He had an edge to him.

Now, I don't care how hardcore you are, if you're at UNC, projected as a lottery pick, and you're coming back as the best player on the team, you better let that crap go.  What an idiot.  Things aren't that hard in NC.  You're about to be making millions and you're gonna throw it away for a couple of $20s?  Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I just don't see how he'll be back.  Like I said, UNC has always sought out a certain type of athlete (personality wise) and PJ just checked himself off of that list.  This isn't because of Coach Williams or administration either.  Sure, keeping him would bring some negative pub to the university, but I think they steer clear of any guys with an attitude because it doesn't fit the mold that the boosters and big wigs want wearing carolina blue.

Man...  PJ f'ed up.

#58 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

Just the status quo for UNC-CHeat

#59 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,437 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

So we've always had players arrested for weed and guns?

#60 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

Kids will be kids.  Still doesn't mean it's not dumb.  In any case, don't think that Hairston will be given special treatment from Roy because he is a star player.  I guarantee you if Hairston fugs up as much as Graves did, he would be off of the team.  But really, Graves was given MULTIPLE opportunities, he just couldn't stay away from the pot. 

edit:  i didn't know he was also caught with a gun.  If so, WHAT A MORON!  And the other things that have been posted sure don't make it sound any better.  I thought he was just caught with weed.  I'll wait til the dust settles and see what's what, but if he was caught with a gun, weed, and possibly dealing, he should most definitely be off of the team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com