Photo
- - - - -

Seems like Silatolu is gonna have a big year.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,386 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:21 AM

Heard good things about him from OTAs.   I think he's really going to have a break out year.   Thoughts?

#2 Corporal Casto

Corporal Casto

Noob Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:31 AM

It'd be only for the better.

#3 Taro ∆

Taro ∆

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:50 AM

"No way that illiterate fat ass won't even make the 53 man roster"

-ignorant Amini haters

#4 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,074 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:10 AM

I love how our fanbase ignored how he improved, along with a majority of our offense, late last year.

#5 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

He did a terrible job at times last season dealing with stunts, but that was purely from a lack of experience. You can't play at Flea Bottom Community College and jump into the NFL without screwing up a lot. He has a season under his belt, so we should see a big improvement.

#6 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,065 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:46 AM

Gross and Piggy were praising him in the latest podcast.

#7 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,792 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

He did a terrible job at times last season dealing with stunts, but that was purely from a lack of experience. You can't play at Flea Bottom Community College and jump into the NFL without screwing up a lot. He has a season under his belt, so we should see a big improvement.

He struggled early in the season....but played much, much better in the 2nd half.

#8 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,635 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

He made a HUGE leap from Po Dunk U to the NFL AND had to make a position change going from T or G. It's not as easy as some on here want to make it seem.

He make another huge leap and you could see the lights come on at about the midpoint of the season. Going back to a traditional run system also helped.

#9 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

Silatolu got better as the year went along, especially when you watch his tape against Gerald McCoy in both meetings. First game he got manhandled, but held his own in the second game. 

To be honest I'm far more concerned with the offensive line than our secondary going into 2013. It wouldn't surprise me if we use 2013 as a red-shirt year for Kugzilla so the RG position seems to belong to Hangartner who was below average last year. Jordan Gross isn't getting any younger and Byron Bell seems to be stuck in mediocrity. We will be getting Kalil back, which is huge, but that right side of the line is an obvious weakness. 

#10 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,967 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

Amini should receive most improved player this year if all goes as planned.  We knew the kid was a road grader when we picked him and now he has the experience to make plays on his own.  His improvement along with being flanked by probowlers will create a left side that Emmit Smith would be jealous of.(admitted exageration)

#11 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,594 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

consistency in the lineup  and health of the OL will be the biggest boon for the line. 

i feel good about that left side for the immediate future. i feel good about the interior of the OL for the long term. i don't feel good about RT for the short term and long term and i don't feel good about LT after this year. I've got this feeling that we're gonna be doing some double dipping at OT next year and I'm not thrilled about that. I'm tired of rookies on the OL.

#12 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,465 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

I'm confident in Amini

#13 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

I literally just saw it click with him during the 2nd Bucs game last year. He went from horrible to pretty good in just one game and was helping the old vet Gross a lot in the last couple of games.

#14 EMSMedic79

EMSMedic79

Member since 2005

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • LocationOn the Water

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

He'll come back this year with something he lacked last season...confidence. For good reason, he was a rookie. I think he'll solidify the position and erase all doubts.

#15 mbarbour21

mbarbour21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

It is def great he is improving because we are gonna need him since we are goin back to RUN FIRST!!!! Lol! Jus kiddn yall, dont kill me.

But on a serious note, we need him. We need consistency. Cam had just as bad an oline as Luck. Compared to the amount of times Luck dropped back, they were sacked bout the same percentage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com