Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

6/12 camp tweets

112 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

As far as Taro being bwood. Don't think the mods would let him come back. Kurb and I had a conversation through pm and I mentioned Bwood. Kurb said he wasn't coming back. So I doubt its Bwood. Kurb wouldn't lie to me... Or would he? :O

Posted · Report post

I'm sad to say I'm not following your reference. So um, What?

Captain Jack Sparrow had a jar of dirt he got from Calypso to protect him from the Kraken. Damm dude, watch a movie once in a while will ya. jk
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I doubt Bwood would be able to contain himself this long without one of his famous outbursts.

So you can likely rule out Taro.

Yea, where it comes to trolling. Taro has nothing on Bwood. Taro is just annoying. Harmless, but annoying.

Posted · Report post

Until he gets off that bike his name is Schwinn to me. It's fuging mini camp, suck it up and get some reps. You've got 6 weeks to rehab the boobooo.

Moose used to have an annual case of tweaked hamstring back when he played. Someone always fretted and fussed about it but it never seemed to affect him when the season started. Likewise, Jonathan Stewart practices about once a year but still (mostly) manages to be ready for game day. And there are other examples.

This time of year they're going to be more cautious because getting somebody hurt in offseason shorts workouts would be really stupid. People panic over it but it's a pretty futile endeavor. Heck, can you even name who all was held out this time last year without looking it up?

People tell you not to swoon over guys who make highlight reel plays this time of year. The flipside is there's little point swearing about guys who are being held out until we're a lot closer to the regular season than mid-June.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Re: Armanti- at this point you have to root for the guy

No I don't.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I think what is such a concern is.  This is a vital time for a player learn the new installs that our team is incorporating.  I tweaked a hamstring because I didn't stretch but I don't get paid to in that kind of shape.  You blow out a knee or an achilles that is something you cannot prevent.  But strains and pulls are preventable.  How is it a professional athlete is not conditioned to stretch and be prepared to play.   That is why is B.S.  A guy on a bike means(IMO) he tweaked something relating to stretching or He is rehabbing a previous injury.  Kugbila didn't have a disclosed injury prior to drafting him so I believe he was OK when we did.   STRETCH for crying out loud.

I am offically off the Gettis bandwagon.  No word from this guy in OTA/Training camp makes me believe he is still having injury issues.  Enough is enough.  Just like Otah, you can have all the potential in the world but if you can't get on the field it means your skills mean nothing to us.   Potenial down the toilet.

Posted · Report post

No I don't.

Um, yes, you do. It is a law or something. One must always root and pull for every player on the team. At no point in this process are you allowed to waffle or reconsider. It is all in. Or get out. Yea, I said it. jk

Posted · Report post

I think what is such a concern is.  This is a vital time for a player learn the new installs that our team is incorporating.  I tweaked a hamstring because I didn't stretch but I don't get paid to in that kind of shape.  You blow out a knee or an achilles that is something you cannot prevent.  But strains and pulls are preventable.  How is it a professional athlete is not conditioned to stretch and be prepared to play.   That is why is B.S.  A guy on a bike means(IMO) he tweaked something relating to stretching or He is rehabbing a previous injury.  Kugbila didn't have a disclosed injury prior to drafting him so I believe he was OK when we did.   STRETCH for crying out loud.

I am offically off the Gettis bandwagon.  No word from this guy in OTA/Training camp makes me believe he is still having injury issues.  Enough is enough.  Just like Otah, you can have all the potential in the world but if you can't get on the field it means your skills mean nothing to us.   Potenial down the toilet.

I'm walkin' on sunshine, oh yea. You, not so much it would appear.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Um, yes, you do. It is a law or something. One must always root and pull for every player on the team. At no point in this process are you allowed to waffle or reconsider. It is all in. Or get out. Yea, I said it. jk

I have nothing whatsoever against Armanti. By all accounts, he's a great kid.

I just think that particular experiment hasn't panned out.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I have nothing whatsoever against Armanti. By all accounts, he's a great kid.

I just think that particular experiment hasn't panned out.

But hey. By all accounts the kid be beasting. Can't we take that and run with it?

Posted · Report post

I'm walkin' on sunshine, oh yea. You, not so much it would appear.

I have been a staunch Gettis supporter.  After 2 injuried filled season even.  I felt he was going to become the player we thought we had when we drafted in 2010.  There hasn't been a peep about him this during any portion of OTAs and now mini-camp.

Sooner or later you gotta cut your losses.  As much as I think AE wouldn't make the team he is at least out there ON THE FIELD making a case for himself.   We cannot say the same about Gettis.

Posted · Report post

Personally, I don't see David making the team. But that is just me.

I see Pilares and AE winning those last two WR spots. So Adams is gone as well. Although I will say this. If Adams stops putting the ball on the ground, he may get another chance. He just has to fix this problem, yesterday.