Photo
- - - - -

Ted Ginn Jr. wowing Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers (ESPN)

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • LocationHollyweird, CA

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...-panthers-speed

#2 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

During Tuesday's practice Ginn turned heads when he raced down the sidelines, beat his defender and hauled in a perfectly thrown ball from Newton in stride for a touchdown. His offensive teammates roared with approval.

"Ted has been a spark," Newton said. "Everyone knows he's fast. I found that out the hard way."

Newton points to a practice where Ginn outran one of his throws and had to slow down to try to make the catch.

"He kind of embarrassed me so I told him, 'Ted, from now on you will never outrun my football,' " Newton said with a laugh. "So if y'all see a pass and it's overthrown and No. 19 is the intended receiver, just know that it's pride more than anything with him. He will not outrun my football."

#3 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 3,909 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

Have a good feeling about Ginn Jr. 

#4 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,047 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

I do too.

With him and Hixon.....we are definitely upgraded over last year.

If AE can finally give us anything (based on the tweets and comments, he is getting it done as well)....our WR corp may prove to be MUCH better than most thought.

#5 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,570 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

I hope so ....the knock on him is when he puts on the pads with guys taking shots at him.

I guess we will see soon enough

#6 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,821 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:14 AM

Reading comments on the ESPN article, a lot of 49er and Dolphin fans commenting on how Ginn was afraid of contact and got alligator arms across the middle. 

I'm trying to temper my expectations with his receiving capabilities.

#7 Toundra

Toundra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:14 AM

"So if y'all see a pass and it's overthrown and No. 19 is the intended receiver, just know that it's pride more than anything with him. He will not outrun my football."

Lol !
Cheap excuse Cam ;-)

#8 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,965 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

Reading comments on the ESPN article, a lot of 49er and Dolphin fans commenting on how Ginn was afraid of contact and got alligator arms across the middle. 

He's always shyed away from contact, and he has in the past dropped easy balls over the middle even going back to OSU.  It remains to be seen if that will continue....

#9 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,047 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

Niners and Dolphins both had QB's with weak arms.....they could not use him the way we may use him.

I think you will see Ginn used much more here on the outside to stretch the field....he has a QB that can get him the deep ball.

#10 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,965 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

Niners and Dolphins both had QB's with weak arms.....they could not use him the way we may use him.

I think you will see Ginn used much more here on the outside to stretch the field....he has a QB that can get him the deep ball.

He still has to catch the ball which is something he hasn't done consistently in the past.  I'm not saying he can't turn his career around, but he needs to prove it before I get any warm fuzzy feelings about Ginn at WR.  Now as a returner, oh hell yes I'm psyched....

#11 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,047 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

He still has to catch the ball which is something he hasn't done consistently in the past.  I'm not saying he can't turn his career around, but he needs to prove it before I get any warm fuzzy feelings about Ginn at WR.  Now as a returner, oh hell yes I'm psyched....

Way to multi task today.....

You are complaining about Ginn in this thread and Godfrey in the other thread.

You are going ot give CRA a run for the title of most pessimistic poster on the board pretty soon.

#12 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

*awaits rayzor WR analysis*

#13 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,965 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

Way to multi task today.....

You are complaining about Ginn in this thread and Godfrey in the other thread.

You are going ot give CRA a run for the title of most pessimistic poster on the board pretty soon.

I've watched Ginn play since he was at Ohio State.  He's fast as hell, a very good returner but he doesn't catch the ball consistently, and so far in his career has absolutely shied away from contact.  Since when did making observations turn into being a pessimist?  Again, what's with the all or nothing mentality?  I either think every position is a o.k. or I'm not a fan, a bandwagon basher, pessimist etc....

#14 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

Ginn has always looked good in practices since he came out of OSU.  I know he was motivated coming here with an opportunity to play a significant role so I hope he is much improved over his Miami/San Fran days.

#15 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

If we get 40-50 catches from him with smith's normal 80, we might have something here. But when the season start my focus will be on the OL. If the OL is stout then we can go all out in the off season next year for WRs. I know the defense will be there this year so we don't have to worry too much about that. I think we'll make the playoffs this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.