top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,942 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

Interviewer  Shaun DePasquale:

"Klein is everything you look for in a ‘backer, and is destined to be a future starter for the Carolina Panthers."

Perhaps DePasquale is right. Every time I look at Klein's videos on YT, I can't but help think that we got a steal on this guy in the 5th.  Sure he may not look as fluid as some (just my opinion), but he is instinctual and seems to be right in the middle of the play more times than not. With a little coaching and being amidst such a talented D-line and second level, his game should naturally evolve and blossom. I hope so anyway.

Here are a few more excepts:

SD: What do you feel are your strengths and things you may need to work on?

AJ: I feel that I am a disciplined player who plays fast and aggressive, but also with great technique. I think I separate myself when it comes to studying the game and preparation. I think that I need to work on man to man coverage, mainly because at Iowa state we didn’t play many man coverage’s and when we did I was usually blitzing.

AJ: While playing at Iowa State I played in a 4-3 scheme and actually have played all three positions sam, mike, and will with most experience at sam and mike. So I think for ease of transition I think I would fit best in a 4-3 scheme, but I would definitely not be opposed to playing in a 3-4. When it comes to picking a specific position I think I could adjust and play any position because I have already been exposed to all three

SD: What has been your greatest accomplishment, athletically or personally ?

AJ: My greatest accomplishment will be graduating from college next spring while maintaining a high gpa. I’m most proud of being a three-time first team all big 12 academic honoree. As well as earning two time first team all big 12 athletically and DPOY in 2011 and HM DPOY in 2012

SD: If you could have dinner with any 3 people, living or otherwise, who would they be and why?

AJ: Jesus, because it’s Jesus. Isaac Newton because I would just like to have a conversation with him and pick his mind. That guy from Man vs. Food because everything he eats looks amazing. Plain and simple.

Here's the rest.

"Jesus, because It's Jesus"

Here's to big things from A.J.`

#2 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

every freaking thing I hear about this kid makes me like him more and more.  What a fabulous pick.

#3 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

Wouldn't surprise me if he's our SAM in a year or two.

#4 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,584 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

I hope we do not need him to start this year but think we will see him sooner rather than later.

#5 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,359 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

I think he makes it easy to let Beason walk after this season.

#6 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

I think Beason stays and TD retires soon. After those three surgeries, his knee will only hold up for so long

#7 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

I think Beason stays and TD retires soon. After those three surgeries, his knee will only hold up for so long

Are you an Orthopaedist? Even if you were, I'd say that's just speculation, since everyone is different and you're certainly not his doc. At 30, he is our oldest LB, but Clay Matthews played until 40, so I'd like to see him get a few more years if he can get the job done.

Klein sounds like he may have been a real steal. If so, I'd say the team is in excellent shape at LB.

#8 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,257 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

but Clay Matthews played until 40

Say what?

#9 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,431 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

I think he meant "Simple and plain".

#10 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,431 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

Say what?

Clay Matthews II.  Clay Matthews III plays for the Packers.

#11 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

Klein is a stud.  I've heard people say that he doesn't look fluid or as quick as some of the linebackers taken earlier, but all the videos I've seen of him give me a different impression.  One day when Klein and Kuechly are both starters maybe we can dub them "the braintrust".

#12 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,811 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

I was very happy we drafted this guy, not many people were talking about LB depth but I ALWAYS have TD's knee in my mind EVERY time he makes a play lol.

#13 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • 4,663 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

I was very happy we drafted this guy, not many people were talking about LB depth but I ALWAYS have TD's knee in my mind EVERY time he makes a play lol.

I wish I could say that I didn't, but alas, I do too.

#14 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

Man I'm comfortable with our backup LB's..Beason or TD goes down, Blackburn and AJ Klein could pick up right where they left off.

#15 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,538 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

Hahaha the change of heart in this thread is amazing... 85% of the huddle's response when this guy was drafted was "another linebacker?"

Oh how things change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.